[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Cullinan

Tim_Fair

The race ethics of the arrogant riders are pathetic, My Girlfriend was on a single track where no overtaking was possible and this idiot decided he would push his way through instead of just waiting 30 seconds more for the track to open up. At the end he landed up taking out my Girlfriend who is new to this sport and himself, Her right leg is so badly bruised all the way from her bum past her knee she can hardly walk on it at the moment, He can thank the Lord i was not there because cases like this are just unacceptable.

This race was tough for everyone and i think was harder than what most people expected so frustrations may have been higher than normal but there is no reason to be an ass aswell.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe how much much mountain biking has changed in the 3 years I have been riding. 3 years ago, guys would arrive at an event for a good time, results were secondary, if even that. Guys would chat on the trails, help wherever possible and respect every rider of every abillity and between all that give it fullgazzz. What has gone wrong? Since when does finishing 2 or 3 minutes faster matter because of slower riders on the trail. Who really gives a rats ass? What has happend to the soul of mountain biking?

I cant believe how much much mountain biking has changed in the 3 years I have been riding. 3 years ago, guys would arrive at an event for a good time, results were secondary, if even that. Guys would chat on the trails, help wherever possible and respect every rider of every abillity and between all that give it fullgazzz. What has gone wrong? Since when does finishing 2 or 3 minutes faster matter because of slower riders on the trail. Who really gives a rats ass? What has happend to the soul of mountain biking?

I totally agree with you!!!

Karma, I sortof agree with you.

But, if the guy pushed me off then rode I would probably have done nothing or shoulted at him at worst, but pushing a girl off the road with their hands, WTF is that all about? They should pick someone their own size and calibre. However, its because of the lack of hidings these laaities think that they king dingaling chasing for a 100th position and f&$@ the rest.

PS: Pushing someone in the forest into a small tree at 10kmh couldn't have ended bad in any way, I should've shoved a 29er CO2 bomb up his arse.

I rode behind a High school boy (had his school cycling kit on) on the Tyger Vally College race. We got caught up in slower traffic in the single track in Rosemary Hill as well. He also asked to pass even though there was no space to give way. I eventually rode into the grass for him to pass. I kept up with him and he eventually got caught up behind two slower lady riders. His asking became shouting at the ladies and was border lining on verbal abuse later on. There was nowhere for the ladies to go and you could see that they started panicking. At this stage I lost my sense of humour with this guy spoiling what is supposed to be a fun event for everyone and told him to back off and wait for a section where it is safe for slower riders to give way. Slower riders is part of every race. DEAL WITH IT IN A PROPPER MANNER because it’s the same for everyone. See them as the same type of obstacles as rocks and roots etc. Every rider pays their entry fee and has as much right as the faster rider to be there.

What I really don’t understand is that all the very TOP riders don’t shout at people and expect them to literally get off the track for them to pass. They calculate where they can safely pass even if it means going through a peace of felt. They will politely warn you that they will be passing and to keep your line. NOW THAT IS SKILL. Generally the top riders are a very nice bunch of guys and it’s the wannabe race snakes that spoil the image of other riders.

Wow, I'm amazed at what I've just read.

All those who bitch about the route, why don't you give it a go. Try plot out 4 different routes starting and ending at the same place for the 4 distances. Oh and make sure that the 8year old is as happy to ride as the racing snake who does the 70km and wants its super technical and also the 70km joller who just likes to get out and ride.

As for all the passing comments, its a 2way street, I will do my best to move over if you want to pass me, but 1 have paid my money too and am also trying for my best time. Let me know you're there and want to pass and I will do my best to move over when its safe and I can actually do so. Its not required that I do so, so a thank you will help me do it again next time. Be considerate of other riders, both slower and faster than you.

If you don't like the bottlenecks etc, don't ride. No one is forcing you, we all know how many riders there are and that there will probably be bottlenecks at some point, deal with it or ride somewhere else.

As for the organisers, you guys need to be more accurate on your distance, we plan our ride around them(water and pace)

All those thorns was not a great idea, I'm sure there were tons of punctures and injuries.

Looking at the programme for the day, you knew the 10 and 70 were going to finish at the same time, ARE YOU CRAZY, its nor fair to the kids and families doing the race nor to the serious riders, think a little.

Also having to doge the workers erecting a fence and the dongas they were digging, NOT COOL

Maybe you're numbers limit is a little to high, and I think you need to seriously consider your "googie bag". Socks and bottle are at least relevant to MTBing, stew and moisturiser!!! seriously. Rather charge less and don't offer a goodie bag

Overall, great day out, Nice hard route, sure I had to walk, but so what its MTBing

Shot for the medical team. Helped me descover my hart virus. Safly in hospital now thx to them

Dude!! That's rough. Although we were both suffering on our Wednesday ride you seemed okay then.

Another Trialseeker. Same complaints. Another SA Seeding Event. Same complaints....goodness, looks like the mods copied and pasted past Trialseeker comments into this thread...

By now you should know what the Trialseeker races are like ito participant numbers, race format and routes. And the Trialseeker Series in particular is becoming notorious for MTB-ing's 2 terrible B's - bottlenecks and bullies.

Nonetheless, either put your moola on the table and go out to enjoy the event, or stay at home.

Edited by Karooryder

Looking at all the friendly passing and not so friendly passing comments - it is difficult to report "chops" since the number is on the front of the bike and once they gone past, you can't see it and looking behind long enough to get the number is tricky.

Can't they look at a way to put numbers on the back of the bike (and the front where not timing chips involved), that would make reporting the "chops" much easiser. Am sure it would lead to a whole new thread - but at least if a number came up consistantly - then something could be done.....

My philosophy is if you ask nice I will go out my way to move (almost road into a thorn tree (my fault) on Sat to let a polite young dude past - he even appologised for my error), but if a chop, then I will move when there is a safe space/opening, and if you want to bush crash to get past, go for it, but I won't slow much for the chop (just enough when they pull in - since they often forget they have a rear wheel and I now expect them to pull in way to early). So far no-one has tried to push me off......but the fact that it happens to Ladies so often leaves me speechless.

By the sounds and number of complaints here, it would seem there are some riders who feel they can do better than the Advendurance crew. Go try. Fritz and his gang have taken the numbers of people onto bikes and made a series that caters for all levels. Some races are tougher than others, some are messy, but hey go try do it yourself.

The event are popular and over sold just about every time. go figure.

I did the 70 and yes there were hickups, but if you wanna race then be calm and work around the problems..........simple really.

I think there are still events like that, the trailseekers are just not among them.

Too big, too crowded, too commercial.

Wonder how the bachelor is feeling?

See they had a whole search and rescue team on standby :whistling:

Hehehehe.... I was wondering the same thing!! At one stage I thought maybe alcohol was the way to go! hehehehe!! Did they actually ride the whole route?

Hehehehe.... I was wondering the same thing!! At one stage I thought maybe alcohol was the way to go! hehehehe!! Did they actually ride the whole route?

Yes we did...the 40km, was a seal ride though.

The local pub in cullinan sold 2 double kwv's and coke for 40 bucks....we drank them out of brandy

The local pub in cullinan sold 2 double kwv's and coke for 40 bucks....we drank them out of brandy

Meneer, did you do 70km?

Meneer, did you do 70km?

Nope the 40, for jonno's rum party....I think we came stone last, but still a gas. We rode as a group with all skills levels...A-batchers to someone riding their first ever race on a 18kg beast.

Good job guys!