When your light fails...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mopkop

So tonight was my first night out with my new lights.. I should of bought a good light a lot sooner as I really did not know night riding was so exciting! :clap:

Just a pity that at about 19:00 and 14kms from home both mine and my buddies lights VREK :eek: :eek: :eek:

Had to ride with my tail light in my mouth to add some sort of light to the ride. Bottelary hills was never this scary, EVER!

I felt like Bear Grylles with a RED LED LIGGIE! Awesome ride but Defnetly NOT something i'll be doing any time soon.

Non the less we made it.. now to put the battery on charge :whistling:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shadows make a mouse out of a man.

It sure is scary stuff riding with no light.

Wierd enough with a 1000 lumen light up front, but when it goes dark, ai ai ai

My riding partner disappeared behind me the other evening. After a long wait I finally see him approaching using his iPhone as a torch after his light died on him.

i once misplanned a sunset on my local ride. Had to descend through forestry . 500m descent in 5km in the dark...was quite interesting

Sorry but l just screamed of laughter. l could not help but to picture someone with a flickering RED face. edit now picture it in all the diff modes.........

Happened to me once , luckely l was in a group. l just had to keep up.

Edited by Mads

So tonight was my first night out with my new lights.. I should of bought a good light a lot sooner as I really did not know night riding was so exciting! :clap:

Just a pity that at about 19:00 and 14kms from home both mine and my buddies lights VREK :eek: :eek: :eek:

Had to ride with my tail light in my mouth to add some sort of light to the ride. Bottelary hills was never this scary, EVER!

I felt like Bear Grylles with a RED LED LIGGIE! Awesome ride but Defnetly NOT something i'll be doing any time soon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hi Mopkop. Please be advised that no night riding is allowed on Bottelary Hills Trails. Sunrise to sunset only. If you need a light then you are either too early or too late.

Edited by Hellwarp

Hi Mopkop. Please be advised that no night riding is allowed on Bottelary Hills Trails. Sunrise to sunset only. If you need a light then you are either too early or too late.

I bet this has excellent battery life!post-43150-0-32895800-1370411173_thumb.jpg

I have seen a bike at the Jhb CM with a similar paraffin lamp. It does not matter how long it's life is, it is still useless as a light. :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bear Grylls would've made a tent out of his bike's frame, burnt the tyres for heat and spent a night in the hills, walking down in the morning back to safety.

O ****, ok cool..I was not aware of this :mellow: :oops:

Bear Grylls would've made a tent out of his bike's frame, burnt the tyres for heat and spent a night in the hills, walking down in the morning back to safety.

LAG MY KLA! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Ja, but Chuck Norris would've made a tent out of his bike's frame, burnt the tires for heat and spent a night in the hills, riding down the next morning on the Eco-friendly-all natural -full-suspension bike that he made the previous evening while using only his pocket knife.

I bet this has excellent battery life!post-43150-0-32895800-1370411173_thumb.jpg

This is a carbide lamp (not paraffin). Carbide (calcium carbide) is a powder. Add water and it gives of acetelyne, which ignites readily and makes an awesome bright light. Side effects include explosions, sparks and the like, otherwise it is a good light. Never needs charging, but burning acetylene gives off the best soot in the world - very, very fine carbon dust that quickly blackens the lens.

Cabide is also a lekker mole extinguisher. Chuck some carbide down a mole hole, add water and a spark and voila! A lawn that looks like its arteries were ripped right out. The moles stay away for at least 24 hours after that.

"i'm gonna need to drink my own p!55 to survive"