New Gauteng Technical Trail

dillon

Ja innit for the pai. Let us know when the HubTheF-Up Cup will be taking place at your new spot!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 5c (just cause 2c's dont exist anymore)....

Invite a few people* (hubbers*) with different riding skills and styles (well focused on what you think you want) to go ride around there with you and then let them* give their opinions like the ride progress. THEN you will get something that will work.

*I was including myself in those ^_^

Bring it.

Sounds great. Although we are spoilt for choice on the highvled, we need some serious bikeparks.

keep me in the loop - keen to join a taster ride.

Ja innit for the pai. Let us know when the HubTheF-Up Cup will be taking place at your new spot!

LOL I hope we can keep it tame, but if you feel the need to push yourself you can, one thing is for sure we will have some wild tales in the pub afterwards

My 5c (just cause 2c's dont exist anymore)....

Invite a few people* (hubbers*) with different riding skills and styles (well focused on what you think you want) to go ride around there with you and then let them* give their opinions like the ride progress. THEN you will get something that will work.

*I was including myself in those ^_^

That is exactly what I will be doing, as soon as I have the main route sorted I will take small groups out over a few weekends, starting with everyone on this thread, That way we build a trail that we want :thumbup:

That is exactly what I will be doing, as soon as I have the main route sorted I will take small groups out over a few weekends, starting with everyone on this thread, That way we build a trail that we want :thumbup:

cool, so far it seems I am available on the 22nd June. ^_^

cool, so far it seems I am available on the 22nd June. ^_^

will only be in late july

Sounds like an awesome initiative and I will be there to test ride for sure.

Just a quick question: Does the trail builder know how to create proper sustainable trails? Trails that won't need constant attention because they erode badly after the first rains.

Sounds like an awesome initiative and I will be there to test ride for sure.

Just a quick question: Does the trail builder know how to create proper sustainable trails? Trails that won't need constant attention because they erode badly after the first rains.

erosion means more technical bits :whistling:

Trail builders have a pretty good idea of what to do

Go to Avianto, they seem to think switchbacks are meant for climbing :ph34r:

waaahaaaa that black is a bugger...down and up. Bought some real estate there last weekend

waaahaaaa that black is a bugger...down and up. Bought some real estate there last weekend

I found it to be the only really interesting section of the trail. It doesn't flow though. Purely as a challenge.

Edited by SLiiick