USN 50 km race.. My 1st 50 km MTB race

Active Monkey

Any one with experience on this one?

Compared to babbas, dirtmax, route 42 etc how is this one?

Ps i have only ever done 35 km MTB races. And done at most 50 km MTB rides. Done higer on road.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you will be fine dude, minimal climbing very nice fast flat race..

The 2nd half when you get into the red barn single track is awesome, just flows on smooth trail for km's..

think you chose one of the best possible races for your first 50km.

As was said already, its nice and flat, think total climb should be around 300m? There is some technical bits to keep you honest, but that Big Red Barn singletrack is awesome.

Take your camelbak with, a snack or two. Dont try and race it, just go out to have fun and for the ride. Keep a little left over in the tank and should you feel like it, go all out the last few km.

Good luck!

Yhose who done it before... What do you reckon will be a decent ave kmph to keep... Just so i finish around the middle.

Yhose who done it before... What do you reckon will be a decent ave kmph to keep... Just so i finish around the middle.

FLAT OUT! haha

I avg'ed 18km/h but I rode with some buddies of mine. I think we finished around the middle of the field.

I reckon you should be able to avg between 18 and 20km/h.

think you chose one of the best possible races for your first 50km.

As was said already, its nice and flat, think total climb should be around 300m? There is some technical bits to keep you honest, but that Big Red Barn singletrack is awesome.

Take your camelbak with, a snack or two. Dont try and race it, just go out to have fun and for the ride. Keep a little left over in the tank and should you feel like it, go all out the last few km.

Good luck!

As per the mails send out 50km will be single lap with 576m of climbing. The 30km will have 371m of climbing

But as everyone else is saying the singletracks are awesome and this is one of my favourite places to ride

Edited by Sweiss

My total elevation gain was 381m. Pity I dont know how to post my elevation graph/picture from garmin connect. :blush:

By the looks of it the biggest climb was less than 100m