Fort William - DH World Cup this weekend! Predictions

nigelhicks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sho just watched the replay now - WOW ... gwin was really off the pace - as was Greg ... GM 4sec off! ... EISH ...

Maybe we will be seeing the rise of the new generation - but Gee smashed it ...

Watching the footage the camera positions werent the greatest IMO - that section they filmed from the Wall ride down through the Motorway is pretty flat .. Should have had a camera just above the Road Gap in the rooty woods.

Guest Omega Man

Watching the footage the camera positions werent the greatest IMO - that section they filmed from the Wall ride down through the Motorway is pretty flat .. Should have had a camera just above the Road Gap in the rooty woods.

The one camera got it right. Where those 2 stepdown drops close to the top were. You get a good feel for how steep the track is. I honestly didn't know it was that steep. I'm so stoked I got bottomless internets.

Sho just watched the replay now - WOW ... gwin was really off the pace - as was Greg ... GM 4sec off! ... EISH ...

Maybe we will be seeing the rise of the new generation - but Gee smashed it ...

Was thinking not the best angles,the 1 camera was like past the trees shooting through to the big stepdown,see glimpses of riders. At least for once it ran glitch free right through on my net :clap:

The top cam in the open top section was cool - Yeah its steep but its not mind-bogglingly steep - the hill in the background is steep though ... the track winds through a valley

The top is cool with really consistent gradient from where they cross those boardwalks to the first tree section - there are some super steep bits in there - but an average gradient of about 20% which is pretty good ...

That section from the wall ride through to the finish though is pretty flat (not as flat as PMB) though and is a ball ache to keep your speed on.

Great coverage IMO - and seemless internet tv despite our slow speed adsl. I think GM will speed up as the season goes - is he usually a fast starter or not? 8th is a lot better than 20th. Needles did well with 15th too and how was RA - 10 secs better than second place. Looking forward to next weekends round...

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/57042/s780_hotbox.jpg?1370731323

You know okes are taking it too far when Trek pull in with a fully portable BIKE WARMER - to keep the DH bikes oil and brake fluid at optimal temperatures before the riders set off - allowing the bikes to not have to warm up in a run

Guest Omega Man

You know okes are taking it too far when Trek pull in with a fully portable BIKE WARMER - to keep the DH bikes oil and brake fluid at optimal temperatures before the riders set off - allowing the bikes to not have to warm up in a run

I dig that. Shows that the sport is becoming more professional.

That is pretty sweet....now to convince my wife that I need one for my hardtail hahaha

Edited by rouxtjie

Managed to tune in (what a archaic term in the internet age) to catch the latter part of the broadcast.

Got to see the important runs like minaar etc.

Roll on next round!!

yup, our torch eating local hub downhill demon, Nige, is just loving the fact that GeeTee dominated!