Stellenbosch Stolen Bikes

dcfender

Saw 2 bergies with trolleys yesterday in Stellies near Oranje Blanje Blou hardware wearing white specialized helmets. WTF?

:eek: :eek:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people not chain their bikes to an immovable object?

Even in a garage because a garage door is pretty useless security

If I walk away from my bike no matter where either someone trustworthy I know is watching it or it's chained up, anywhere and everywhere....

And insurance, most household insurance covers bikes stolen from your home these days

Thats why I kicked my wife out of our bedroom. Now my bikes can sleep with me and I know they are safe

So WHO buys these bikes from the smokkel huise?

Surely you will still see these new bikes on the roads and wonder how the "owner" could afford the bike??

Just don't come ask such questoions here onthe 'ub...you get flamed for being racist, inconsiderate etc etc. (do a search on stolen bikes fred...). Some people apparently also "give " fancy bikes to their gardeners - it's not for us to wonder / ask why?? (Being quite synical here...)

On the money Cassie. I got flamed by a hubber for feeling that a snot nosed, glue sniffing tik head didnt belong on a Carbon Scott 29er. Suppose thats why crime pays in this shite hole we call a country.

Yeah, ive stopped asking questions myself!

But i'll. rather accost the perp myself. I recall those comments...

time for some Chuck Norris style investigations..

Reposted from a facebook page:

This bike was stolen in Stellenbosch today close to the Mugg & Bean by Charlie Males driving a burgundy Double Cab no canopy. The bike a Scott belongs to a SA champ and there is a REWARD in getting it back. The wheels it had on today was Mavic wheels, SRM Crank and Electronic gears. This is the only frame like this in SA. Value +- R100 000 Contact Theo Bruwer if you can help 082 898 4975.

post-36851-0-38224300-1373147438_thumb.jpg

I saw this bike on a bakkie around 10 yesterday morning @ the Jamestown robots. The front wheel was taken off.

I saw this bike on a bakkie around 10 yesterday morning @ the Jamestown robots. The front wheel was taken off.

Could you please contact Theo Bruwer at 082 898 4975.

I think that was the bakkie it got stolen off.

I think that was the bakkie it got stolen off.

i did send him a sms with the details

The bike was chained to a White bakkie, thats the Owners car, the thieves had a burgundy double cab.

So WHO buys these bikes from the smokkel huise?

Surely you will still see these new bikes on the roads and wonder how the "owner" could afford the bike??

Just don't come ask such questoions here onthe 'ub...you get flamed for being racist, inconsiderate etc etc. (do a search on stolen bikes fred...). Some people apparently also "give " fancy bikes to their gardeners - it's not for us to wonder / ask why?? (Being quite synical here...)

Spot on Cassie.

With some Hubbers attitude towards tik thieves, glue sniffers, druggies and the likes, we will get nowhere.

I side with you on this one and could not give a toss if I get flamed.

B....ards.

Edited by Sepia

Go to jo marlin on a Sunday evening and you will see what they ride. The one has a red santa downhill bike.

Go to jo marlin on a Sunday evening and you will see what they ride. The one has a red santa downhill bike.

Hulle verkoop seker baie baie baie snoek parcels.