Cooking and culinary tips/recipes

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Ok, i recently purchased a new cookbook.

This particular book focusses on braaing.

So, with the cookbook under my arm and a short trip to the woolworths, this is what i made for my family yesterday

Starters :

A spicy meatball with nam jim sauce served in a lettuce cup, with buffalo mozza balls wrapped in proscutto served with grilled broccolini and vine tomatoes

Mains:

Sweet potato and coriander and feta salad and a medium rare sliced rump basted in wholegrain mustard and brown sugar served with an umami cream sauce

Dessert:

Roasted caremelised flambayed bananas with a vanilla chocolate mousse.

So easy.

Take sweet potatoes raw, cut into wedges, leave skin on.

drizzle olive oil and roast till 5 minutes from being done.

Take out oven and drizzle with syrup/caster sugar and roast for further five minutes till caremelized (adjust sweetness to taste)

Take out oven and let cool.

Whilst cooling, thinly slice some red onion and soak in a good red wine vinegar.

When potatoes are cool, arrange in a bowl/serving dish, sprinkle with the drained onions that have softened in the vinegar, crumble on some good quality feta and sprinkle with coriander.

ITS AMAZING.

:drool:

Ok, i recently purchased a new cookbook.

This particular book focusses on braaing.

So, with the cookbook under my arm and a short trip to the woolworths, this is what i made for my family yesterday

Starters :

A spicy meatball with nam jim sauce served in a lettuce cup, with buffalo mozza balls wrapped in proscutto served with grilled broccolini and vine tomatoes

Mains:

Sweet potato and coriander and feta salad and a medium rare sliced rump basted in wholegrain mustard and brown sugar served with an umami cream sauce

Dessert:

Roasted caremelised flambayed bananas with a vanilla chocolate mousse.

I made a wicked pud the other day... chocolate fudge brownies swirled with baked cheesecake....I did have a taster of this and it was damn good! Next thing on my list is a triple chocolate kahlua cheesecake...... eish... suddenly had this urge to bake... and I barely eat desserts!!

PS.. That menu sounds droolishly good!

Edited by MONS

• 2 months later...

So lets see if you guys can help a guy out here.

Met a girl that is a qualified chef, she brought me a choc mouse variation of her own in a 'blik beker'.

I'd like to the give the 'beker' back to her with some form of dessert in it.

Any suggestions on what I could make that would work well inside the beker or scooped into it?

I got a sausage maker for christmas. Made Impala, white wine and herb suasage and Warthog, fennel and gin sausage. Hmmmmm! so nice. Fun way to fill the freezer.

Natural or synthetic casings?