(re)Introducing CITEC wheels...

Eldron

Got my wiele over the weekend. Breeze to convert, easy to seat tyres....happy days

Very Pretty :thumbup:

....... BUT

My OCD is going ballistic, looking at Karma's wheels is bad enough.

Those tyres need to be deflated, rotated round until the decals line up and then pomped again, they are not straight

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Pretty :thumbup:

....... BUT

My OCD is going ballistic, looking at Karma's wheels is bad enough.

Those tyres need to be deflated, rotated round until the decals line up and then pomped again, they are not straight

Its ikons, they won't be on there for too long :whistling:

whaaahahaaa...when you getting a set oom?

Once I pretzel the AC's I will consider getting a set. Maybe I should buy a new bike first :ph34r:

Once I pretzel the AC's I will consider getting a set. Maybe I should buy a new bike first :ph34r:

Those AC's have served you well, but I is too fat for them. I will pretzel them for you if you want...for free

Shouldnt be too long... you're off to a good start :w00t:

Those AC's have served you well, but I is too fat for them. I will pretzel them for you if you want...for free

Shouldnt be too long... you're off to a good start :w00t:

They're not as strong as I thought - front wheel needed truing and rear has a couple of dents

Budget is limited and I also want a new road bike!

Reason #647 to buy a new bicycle - you have new wheels that you need to wrap a bicycle around.

Reason #647 to buy a new bicycle - you have new wheels that you need to wrap a bicycle around.

Logic...its a gift

Picked up my wheelset from Eldron Yesterday.

Seriously good looking wheels.

For those that are interested Front 29r Ascender S weighs in at 830g and rear ascender S 29r with hub etc weighs in at 930g.

They look super strong and the straight spoke design looks really good too.

Putting them on the bike today...YAY.

For those that are interested Front 29r Ascender S weighs in at 830g and rear ascender S 29r with hub etc weighs in at 930g.

Pictures please once done

no pics, we dont believe

You are putting them on an Epic right?

Is the front hub also based on a DT Swiss 240s? Then perhaps these DT end caps will fit and allow you to run the RWS 9mm through axle that came with the Epic. I really prefer that over a standard 5mm skewer.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/dt-swiss-conversion-kit-qr-to-9mm-thru-bolt-front/rp-prod23857

The Epic has 9mm QR on the front and 15mm TA on the rear.

When you remove the front wheel you will see what I'm talking about. The Epic has a 100 x 9mm RWS thru bolt skewer and not a standard QR.

Sorry I think only the ones with the Specialized HiLo hubs, not the Expert and higher with the Roval hubs. But my Comp has the RWS thru bolt.

Archived