Chain Reaction Cycles - never again!

Pniel

Sure boet, the postal system is all yours - enjoy.

guess you missed the dollops of sarcasm there from me, maybe the same hasty way you've dumped them. U sure you dont work for an LBS?

kidding :P

but seriously guv'nor: one poor showing is not a trainsmash, and i dont say this lightly, as i have had issues with CRC before. I don't get too ruffled if only because as someone else pointed out, this is the risk one takes. Par for the course. If you didn't understand this before you purchased from them, now you very well do. Or should be at least.

But please do try to get them to pay for the return postage. they've done it before to countless others. Most times, if it costs them too much, they will just send you the item you require, or completely refund you.

From your post, it's not clear that you've even engaged them yet. maybe try that first, then try slay them in the court of public opinion ;)

Edited by Capricorn

yup, dont buy clothing from overseas. rule.

You cant try it on to check if it fits, you cant check the quality, you pay huge duties on it when it arrives, and as in your case, it may be the wrong jacket sent.

never had issues in any respect really... apart from a Sydney swans top on ebay that turned out to be a childs but I think that was my fault and any way it freaks out the beggars at the door when I cruise out in a skintight AFL singlet close to a crop top, poly shorts and sheepskin slippers.

Shorts and jerseys have been fine, shoes have only once been an issue and so I sold then for roughly what I paid and ordered the next size up.

Got a couple of helmets on the way as well as some MTB shoes and believe me I'm making a good saving, duty or not. It would suck if they send wrong colour or wrong size as that's not your fault.

If you don't / can't send it back then I'd just shift it on locally for a good price and then reorder again. Point out their last mistake, usually CRC customer service is pretty jacked. Winter is here, we all love a label and I'm sure there will be a heap of people looking for jackets.

Not to be all unicorn and fecking rainbows about it but turn that frown around there big guy and make the best of it.

Always had great service from CRC. Only once received the incorrct item, ordered a Truvativ Stylo crank and received a Truvativ Noir Carbon crank. I didn't complain much though.

Very happy with them bought a few items. Shipping was great infact everything was great. No clothes though. Online clothing is never a good idea I reckon. I'm sure you can talk to them about it. **** happens hey. I went to my LBS recently to have a BB fitted and steerer cut, needless to say I won't be going back. It seemed more likely that they just wanted my battered DH frame off the shop floor cause it looked a mess next to the shiny XC bikes, sorry but that's another thread. Rant over.

Edited by r.hendrix

• 2 weeks later...

Always had good service from CRC. My orders have never taken more than 3weeks. Recieved a notice for parcel on Tuesday ordered 3weeks ago and with free postage.

I have ordered from CRC a few times with no issue. However, last time I ordered and paid for Giordana mens, medium bib shorts and they sent me ladies, small cycling pants (luckily Giordana). The problem was the ladies shorts was in a Giordana plastic bag with a "Mens Medium Bibshorts" sticker on it, so probably their supplier's fault. No problem, gave the cycling shorts to the GF and received a 25 pound discount my next order from CRC.

i have ordered from them a few times as well and only ever had decent service and a great experience, 2 mistakes made and both rectified by them once i told them, before i could suggest anything else.

1. the first mistake was on a set of bars, i ordered a set of anodized red bars( cant for the life of me remember which ones but they were a cheapy set on sale) opened the package and realized they had sent me a set of OSX Chromag's instead, i mailed them to let them know of the mistake as the OSX bars are 4 times the price of what i ordered and they came back and told me to keep them, was extremely surprised as i was willing to ship back for the correct ones. Very very impressed by that.
  2. second issue was 203mm ice tech centrelock rotor that i waited for more than a month for, mailed them and they sent me another after having completed the lost in the mail form thingy. the second they shipped by priority mail without me asking so again very happy.

i am not saying they are perfect but they make me feel like they value my money spent and that's why if i want something my LBS doesn't have they get my money,

I bought a cycle computer from them some time ago. When I opened the box, the unit did not work. So, I called them and told them this, they mentioned that it was probably the battery and I should replace it.

They then said, if I did not want to try that, I should send it back for a full refund as well as a refund of the cost of the postage. If I did decide to try the battery, I was told to send them the bill for the battery and they'd refund me the cost.

F~ck ups happen, it's how they're fixed that makes the difference. The postage system has been under strain for weeks due to past strikes, cut them some slack on the timing for that reason. These guys are super eager to help out in these cases, engage them and see what happens.

If you're happy or not, let us know either way!

Edited by Jigghead

I must have placed at least 30 orders with CRC over the years. Only once did they ship an incorrect item. It was a tyre. When I told them about the mistake they immediately refunded the money for the tyre and told me that I could keep the incorrect one. :thumbup:

Once I had a parcel that never arrived at my post office (non-tracked delivery option) and after contacting CRC they sent me a form to fill in confirming that my parcel never arrived. After submitting the form they gave me a full refund . :thumbup:

CRC are winners in my book.

• 2 months later...

Got some new shoes from them the other day, small issue with them and parts missing. Mailed them Friday, got the replacements parts yesterday.

Awesome.

Did you pay duties when the shoes arrived?

Dont buy clothing from Ecomm stores outside of this country. Looking for trouble... Ordering locally is hard enough trying to get your size correct, but then there are systems in place to process returns free of charge. This cannot and will never happen internationally.