What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Although watching TV is not my forte, when I do sit down I love a good documentary.

So after watching the doccie on plastic in our oceans I stumbled upon Blacklist with James Spader, whom I liked back in the Boston legal days. 

The story is good but the lead FBI character is so weak it does detract from the story at times. Been a while since I watched anything on TV   

I loved the first season. Started losing interest around the third, I think.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although watching TV is not my forte, when I do sit down I love a good documentary.

So after watching the doccie on plastic in our oceans I stumbled upon Blacklist with James Spader, whom I liked back in the Boston legal days. 

The story is good but the lead FBI character is so weak it does detract from the story at times. Been a while since I watched anything on TV   

I remember this show. It was painful to watch and I think I gave it 3 episodes before quitting. I was a huge fan of Boston Legal. My favorite legal series to date. Blacklist made me realise that it wasn't so much James Spader I was fond of. But rather the onscreen chemistry between him and William Shatner. If I remember correctly. Boston Legal was actually a spin off from another legal drama called The Practice. William Shatner was cast in recurring guest roll as the eccentric Danny Crane. That's where the chemistry started. Boston Legal was a little more tongue in cheek though. A legal drama peppered with occasional humour. With much of its focus centered around the relationship between Danny Crane and Alan Shore. I preferred Boston Legal to The Practice but loved both shows. 

Edited by popcorn_skollie

Started watching Black Sails this week . All the ingredients are there , Profanity ,  violence and lots of sex . Oooh and it got some sort of story line . 

I remember this show. It was painful to watch and I think I gave it 3 episodes before quitting. I was a huge fan of Boston Legal. My favorite legal series to date. Blacklist made me realise that it wasn't so much James Spader I was fond of. But rather the onscreen chemistry between him and William Shatner. If I remember correctly. Boston Legal was actually a spin off from another legal drama called The Practice. William Shatner was cast in recurring guest roll as the eccentric Danny Crane. That's where the chemistry started. Boston Legal was a little more tongue in cheek though. A legal drama peppered with occasional humour. With much of its focus centered around the relationship between Danny Crane and Alan Shore. I preferred Boston Legal to The Practice but loved both shows. 

I was able to stomach about 1/2 episode of The Blacklist before the cheesiness caused my arteries to get clogged up and I died of a heart attack.

I'm 5 in, but I realised the tosser FBI guy character is ruining it. Still digs Spaders character though

Started watching Black Sails this week . All the ingredients are there , Profanity ,  violence and lots of sex . Oooh and it got some sort of story line . 

Sadly they've cancelled Black Sails.

Anybody else watching Brockmire? I watched the first episode last night. Quite simply, it's hilarious. Hank Azaria is laugh-out-loud funny as the angry sportscaster who loses it on-air, sharing with the world the sights he saw as he walked into his home...

Note: I've edited the last sentence, as it has been pointed out the one detail I added might be considered a spoiler. My apologies if t was perceived as such.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Readsalot

Leftovers wasn't cancelled - it was only ever gonna be 3 seasons

Timeless...well I guessed that would go...but i thought it may get another season at least

the build-up trailer thing that they are now showing for Game of Thrones gives me gooseflesh. Cant wait!

Should we make a separate thread for Masterchef Autralia? I don't want to spoil it for anybody by posting about the challenges for somebody who might be a bit behind.

Should we make a separate thread for Masterchef Autralia? I don't want to spoil it for anybody by posting about the challenges for somebody who might be a bit behind.

will it mean it wont be discussed on here then  :ph34r:  :devil:

nah..waste of a thread just use:

spoilers