What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, very stoked for season 2:

Have you read the graphic novel, the series deviates alot from the graphic novel but its not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you read the graphic novel, the series deviates alot from the graphic novel but its not bad.

no I haven't. Didn't even know there was a graphic novel for the show until I started watching it.

Just finished binging Watchmen. That was super intense. very deep story telling. the fact they juggled that many arcs so well is story telling at its best. Sleeper hit for the year i think.

The door is very much open for a season 2, but i think they need to take their time and get it right: there's so much they can properly screw up. if they match season 1, they would have done superbly well. Here's hoping!

The Mandalorian.

This Is The Way. 

Did you watch Mandalorian via VPN. See Disneyplus is nit yet available for SA?

So since everyone knows a baby yoda is in Mandalorian it's not a spoiler... But something we were discussing at home.... Is that baby Yoda... Or is it a new Yoda. If it's a new Yoda.. how did Manda not know about the force.... If it's baby Yoda then why are the weapons better than when Yoda is older.... Discuss

So since everyone knows a baby yoda is in Mandalorian it's not a spoiler... But something we were discussing at home.... Is that baby Yoda... Or is it a new Yoda. If it's a new Yoda.. how did Manda not know about the force.... If it's baby Yoda then why are the weapons better than when Yoda is older.... Discuss

It's not Yoda. Takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi, so it physically can't be. It's a baby of the same species as Yoda, whose species was supposed to have died out. That's why the Imperial Order were so interested in getting hold of him. Mando also knows about The Force, given that it's after RotJ, but not everyone is a force user. Remember the Mandalorians were forced to go underground, too (as per the opening episodes) and it's safe to assume that they wouldn't have known who would be a force user and who wouldn't be, until they found out or were told. Remember, Sith & Jedi aren't that common, even though they're old forces. 

IIRC the Yoda species was naturally strong in The Force, but that also may not be common knowledge. Also - Mando just accepts that the kid can use the Force. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

It's not Yoda. Takes place 5 years after Return of the Jedi, so it physically can't be. It's a baby of the same species as Yoda, whose species was supposed to have died out. That's why the Imperial Order were so interested in getting hold of him. Mando also knows about The Force, given that it's after RotJ, but not everyone is a force user. Remember the Mandalorians were forced to go underground, too (as per the opening episodes) and it's safe to assume that they wouldn't have known who would be a force user and who wouldn't be, until they found out or were told. Remember, Sith & Jedi aren't that common, even though they're old forces.

IIRC the Yoda species was naturally strong in The Force, but that also may not be common knowledge. Also - Mando just accepts that the kid can use the Force.

But why was did he act like he didn't know what was going on

P.s.. Clearly I wasn't paying attention in the opening scenes!

But why was did he act like he didn't know what was going on

P.s.. Clearly I wasn't paying attention in the opening scenes!

you do realise we can't see his face, don't you?

:P

I think force wielders are a lot more rare than people think, tbh. And, it was a kid (well, youngster) without any training, so the surprise is logical... 

you do realise we can't see his face, don't you?

[emoji14]

I think force wielders are a lot more rare than people think, tbh. And, it was a kid (well, youngster) without any training, so the surprise is logical...

Because his face got mauled?

Because his face got mauled?

No, because he's a mandalorian. They never remove their helmets in the presence of others (though in ep4 he does, when nobody can see him inside teh hut)

No, because he's a mandalorian. They never remove their helmets in the presence of others (though in ep4 he does, when nobody can see him inside teh hut)

We getting into spoiler territory here... But ep 4 revealed something else. Anyway... I'ts an interesting series... It's got nothing on the different Star trek series though [emoji2957]...Trekkie forever!!![emoji38]

We getting into spoiler territory here... But ep 4 revealed something else. Anyway... I'ts an interesting series... It's got nothing on the different Star trek series though [emoji2957]...Trekkie forever!!![emoji38]

well, he wasn't born a mandalorian, but he adopted their ways after he was rescued by them and raised in their culture. They only remove them in private, and to eat. In private. 

when we wer younger we always used to say that one must choose. Star wars or star trek and with music it was Guns n roses or chilli peppers. it was not possible to love both. 

Me: star wars and GnR