What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured this was the right thread, looking for recommendations for stuff to watch.  Only now coming out of a  long whirlwind of a really busy career and  2 children very close in age so literally haven't watched anything besides Derry Girls.  Children are now  older  and more independent  so have a little bit of free time in the evenings. Never watched Vikings, GOT and other series I probably haven't even heard of etc.   

I have just  started to watch SOA and really enjoying it. I do also  really enjoy the soundtrack.

I enjoy British series, crime series, reality but not like Hollywood stuff more like everyday people, comedies, documentaries  etc. but am open to different genre. Show has to kind of grab me from the beginning. 

So I  am open to suggestions, have Netflix.  Can be old shows as its been a  while. 

Thank you 

The absolutely must watch list... not being all that sure how far your backlog is:

Breaking Bad (If you need convincing, go read Anthony Hopkins fan mail on it: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/10/anthony-hopkins-breaking-bad-fan-letter)

Peaky Blinders (as mentioned by many others - top drawer)

Suits (first 3-4 seasons are brilliant, then it drops off a bit)

Big Bang Theory (light easy anytime viewing)

True Detective Season 1 (heavy, and a slow, but an absolute masterpiece)

Mindhunter (have only watched season 1, it was top drawer)

Stranger Things (maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it - nice original piece)

Newsroom (brilliant and thought provoking, it's a crime against humanity this series didn't continue)

Mentalist (another older series, but just brilliant in my books)

Good luck on the catch up, also having young kids I'm always behind on my telly, so really do research and put a premium on what I watch... there is a fair bit of rubbish out there, but plenty of quality as well

The absolutely must watch list... not being all that sure how far your backlog is:

Breaking Bad (If you need convincing, go read Anthony Hopkins fan mail on it: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2013/10/anthony-hopkins-breaking-bad-fan-letter)

Peaky Blinders (as mentioned by many others - top drawer)

Suits (first 3-4 seasons are brilliant, then it drops off a bit)

Big Bang Theory (light easy anytime viewing)

True Detective Season 1 (heavy, and a slow, but an absolute masterpiece)

Mindhunter (have only watched season 1, it was top drawer)

Stranger Things (maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it - nice original piece)

Newsroom (brilliant and thought provoking, it's a crime against humanity this series didn't continue)

Mentalist (another older series, but just brilliant in my books)

Good luck on the catch up, also having young kids I'm always behind on my telly, so really do research and put a premium on what I watch... there is a fair bit of rubbish out there, but plenty of quality as well

THIS!!!!!

Oh my genade.. I didn't know now what to watch and started watching Unbreakable Kimmy Scmidt.

Now I can't stop watching the damn thing.. the word play is really good and some things they get a bit close to crossing the line and cross a few lines.. but Tituss Burgess performance keeps me glued and some guest stars roles are brilliantly added..to make it clear it's not particularly something I would watch or enjoy ...but I can't stop[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2368]

Figured this was the right thread, looking for recommendations for stuff to watch.  Only now coming out of a  long whirlwind of a really busy career and  2 children very close in age so literally haven't watched anything besides Derry Girls.  Children are now  older  and more independent  so have a little bit of free time in the evenings. Never watched Vikings, GOT and other series I probably haven't even heard of etc.   

I have just  started to watch SOA and really enjoying it. I do also  really enjoy the soundtrack.

I enjoy British series, crime series, reality but not like Hollywood stuff more like everyday people, comedies, documentaries  etc. but am open to different genre. Show has to kind of grab me from the beginning. 

So I  am open to suggestions, have Netflix.  Can be old shows as its been a  while. 

Thank you 

If it's British and crime you're after - Line of Duty

My wife and I were hooked - way too many "just one more episode" late nights!  :lol:

Just finished season 2 of Black Monday. Found this season had far more humour and hope there is a season 3.