What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A local photographer here just posted something on Facebook that I just spotted on my feed.

He’s working on the set of the new season they’re busy filming , so there’s more to come [emoji16]

324c97ec2a606989276355a93ed527d3.jpg

[emoji51]

Who's going to start playing chess now? :)

Already know how. Very interesting game, such a great equalizer. The way the top guys see so far into the game and can anticipate so many moves is truly astounding. 

Already know how. Very interesting game, such a great equalizer. The way the top guys see so far into the game and can anticipate so many moves is truly astounding.

I'm gonna pull a board out again. I'm far too lazy to learn the openings.. But even from that video I learnt about controlling the centre and moving your king to the edges for protection.. Interesting

Playing already. Local informal chess club plays at one of the watering holes every weeks. Geeks unite!

I'm gonna pull a board out again. I'm far too lazy to learn the openings.. But even from that video I learnt about controlling the centre and moving your king to the edges for protection.. Interesting

Might I suggest you also watch 

Who's going to start playing chess now? :)

Lol , many many years ago when my daughter was about four, I came across an article about a Russian scientist. In it he explained how chess aided the development of neuron growth in the brains of kids. I bought a chess that week and started teaching my daughter. She never really took to it , but by age six that changed and by now she was sacrificing her minor pieces to capture my more valuable pieces. We played for another year or so and she lost interest. Having said all of that, school was a breeze for her and so was uni. She's a doctor btw, completing her comm serv this year. Occasionally I will remind her of how I stacked the deck in her favour, by teaching her chess and developing extra neurons, asking her about any PPE tenders :whistling: ...she just rolls her eyes..  :lol:  

**Queens Gambit spoiler alert. If you don’t want to know what it’s about don’t read this**

I have been watching this (1 episode to go) with great excitement for such an amazing young mind but also with dread that she is just never going to pull it together, and after episode 6 it seems that she likely never will.

Which brings me to my next point, I really struggle to watch things like this where there is so much amazing promise and yet such immense challenges that stifle that promise; I find it so tragic.

What is interesting too is that I can understand having challenges like these (that hold people back) to a point, whereas there are people who cannot understand it at all because their lives have been so different.

It’s been a tough yet enjoyable watch.

On the Vikings series, does anyone have them that would be willing to make them available via FTP?

I believe I watched some of them on Netflix in SA but they’re not available on Netflix here.

Has anyone watched them and The Last Kingdom and how do they compare?

Thanks

On the Vikings series, does anyone have them that would be willing to make them available via FTP?

I believe I watched some of them on Netflix in SA but they’re not available on Netflix here.

Thanks

Vikings is on Amazon prime.. Probably the easiest way to watch the series

Thanks

The Last Kingdom is good and it got better with every season...watched both series, enjoyed both and can't wait for the next seasons of both. Edited by Gen

The Last Kingdom is good and it got better with every season...watched both series, enjoyed both and can't wait for the next seasons of both.

Thanks

Perhaps we’ll try it then [emoji1303]