FrankG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I've recently worked my way through all 7 seasons of Bosch and 1 season of Bosch Legacy (the sequel).

image.png.b780bfa00be37d8e3643a430c5e78f3f.png

Really enjoyed both (probably early seasons of Bosch a bit more). But yeah, worthwhile for those that like crime dramas

Not a TV show as such, but every now and again I re-evaluate which streaming services we're subscribed to, and chop and change a bit, based on content, price, my mood on the day, etc.

Amazon Prime TV - The one constant. Best priced of the big services, decent original content, and no issues (that I've experienced) when using on multiple devices. Plus the feature that shows cast and song details when one pauses on a scene is great!

Netflix - Fell outta love with this a while ago, before their price gauging and becoming all hard-ass on multi-device use. They produce about 1 decent original show per year that they try to hook their customer base on for the other 11 months. Grew tired of this and cancelled a while ago

Disney+ - I usually only activate for seasons of Star Wars shows (Mandalorian, Andor, etc). The Marvel shows were novel at first, but now it seems like they're milking a the cash-cow to death. I reactivated for my wife's maternity leave, but ended up cncelling after 1 month as we could not find much that grabbed our attention.

Apple TV + - This is the one I always forgot about. I had it for free for 1yr when I bought my last iPhone. Shows were top quality, but the inability to cast and no app (for my android TV) meant one needed to buy an apple TV device, so I only watched content on my phone.

Recently though, I decided to browse the content library and saw some great original shows and movies (like the Tetris movie, highly recommend). Also discovered that they now have an app for the TV, and the price is NZD 2 (approx R20) less than Disney+... so sacrifices were made!

On 5/9/2023 at 12:49 PM, splat said:

Any idea if this is good ?
The cast looks pretty solid.

Silo

I finally got around to watching this and really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to Season 2!

(I also noticed that its based on 4 books, so they cant drag this on for too long like some other series)

5 minutes ago, splat said:

(I also noticed that its based on 4 books, so they cant drag this on for too long like some other series)

Finished the last episode of season 1 last night.

We enjoyed it, looking forward to the next season.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, splat said:

On 8/8/2023 at 7:49 PM, The Ouzo said:

Finished the last episode of season 1 last night.

We enjoyed it, looking forward to the next season.

Also really enjoyed Silo. Apparently Season 1 only touches half of one of the books. But yeah, bring on season 2!

3 hours ago, sandy white said:

I'm watching Anika season 2. I find Nicola Walker is very watchable in anything she does. 

Ooh! I'd forgotten about Annika Season 2. Thanks for the reminder! 👍

And yeah, +1 for Nicola Walker. We really enjoyed Unforgotten, River, and The Split.

Watched Living to 100. Great series about quality of life and longevity. Well worth a watch and being a cycling forum I reckon many would watch it anyway. 

other series I am watching is Painkiller. Well , the idea of big pharma being less than honest has never crossed my mind …ever…yeah right ( as the old Tui adverts used to say). Interesting series about profits before humanity. 

On 8/7/2023 at 10:42 PM, patches said:

Not a TV show as such, but every now and again I re-evaluate which streaming services we're subscribed to, and chop and change a bit, based on content, price, my mood on the day, etc.

We watch mostly the French & German language stuff on Netflix. We stopped watching any American stuff years ago coz it's all the same. Washed up ex A lister in a CIA/FBI/Mafia conspiracy blah blah blah. We're currently watching a thing called Public Enemy. Which is actually Belgian.

I also pay for Youtube which is basically ad free youtube. It also allows you to download playlists (music) so no need for spotify in our house. Honestly if I lived on my own that's all I'd use.

My daughter pays for Disney+ but I honestly don't know why cos she doesn't watch Star Wars. Is there anything else on there?

Recently binged on Dear Child, german series available on Netflix. Very good.

interesting bit: the lead police actress is south african by birth, has british citizenship, and lives and works in Germany.

Edited by Capricorn

1 hour ago, Capricorn said:

Recently binged on Dear Child, german series available on Netflix. Very good.

interesting bit: the lead police actress is south african by birth, has british citizenship, and lives and works in Germany.

NOTED! The trailer has a few Belgian Malinois' in it which instantly makes it a win IMO.

Not a show, but a movie on Netflix called Hell or high water. Features the dude. Although not as the dude. 

excellent film. Thoroughly enjoyed it.