Vice Principals

What's next a remake of Airwolf.?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's next a remake of Airwolf.?

blerry ridiculous lack of creativity rebooting these shows...I get that shows get remade...but this is purely money making excercise

knightrider beat them all to the limpwristed punch.

yip...even teen wolf which has the same characters from the movie

IMO there is nothing more disappointing than re-watching a TV series that you remember fondly from your youth.

Edit: Or the modern day remake for that matter...

Edited by Grebel

<!--no data in this master skin-->

But yeah regarding the classics that we loved as kids nope.

Edited by Gen

There are always exceptions to the rules... ;)

I think generally something that appealed to us as children is not really going to appeal to us as adults...modernised or not....

I think generally something that appealed to us as children is not really going to appeal to us as adults...modernised or not....

although sometimes things do appeal to us regardless of our age

http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/536081074_1280x720.jpg

Edited by Stretch

Anyone watch Preacher....., little like LOST with a dash of AMERICAN HORROR STORY, sprinkled with some Tarantino wanna be..WTF?

I loved Preacher - maybe because I'm a comic book fan. I thought they did a great job with casting and while obviously they had a limited budget, I looked forward to each new episode.

So the new season of Blindspot started on Hulu, and it doesn't seem it will get any better soon.

Started watching "The Good Place". It isn't to bad.

Ha - The Good Place actually made me laugh. Good casting (it helps that I'm a fan of both Kristen Bell and Ted Danson).

Watched 30min of 'The Blacklist'. What a load of tripe. It's as if though they got a 13 year old to write how he thinks the FBI is.

Thereafter I watched the first episode of 'Fargo' and I'm gripped. Wasn't too keen on Freeman's accent for the first few minutes, but thereafter it's barely noticeable. Enjoyed the hell out of Thorton's cool-as-a-cucumber assassin character.

I quite liked The Blacklist (the first couple of seasons, anyway). However, I have to admit that I'm a big fan of James Spader so I might not be completely objective. I started losing interest towards the end of last season, though. One thing I wish they would do is write good series and then when they are finished go out with a bang, like Banshee. Instead they start dragging it out because it's successful and then eventually they run out of ideas.

I see season 2 of Lucifer is on dstv...[emoji57]

Yes! Love that smarmy, smug, charming devil.

I loved Preacher - maybe because I'm a comic book fan. I thought they did a great job with casting and while obviously they had a limited budget, I looked forward to each new episode.

Ha - The Good Place actually made me laugh. Good casting (it helps that I'm a fan of both Kristen Bell and Ted Danson).

I quite liked The Blacklist (the first couple of seasons, anyway). However, I have to admit that I'm a big fan of James Spader so I might not be completely objective. I started losing interest towards the end of last season, though. One thing I wish they would do is write good series and then when they are finished go out with a bang, like Banshee. Instead they start dragging it out because it's successful and then eventually they run out of ideas.

Yes! Love that smarmy, smug, charming devil.

I enjoyed episode 1 of the new Lucifer season so much I sommer watched it twice yestersay.

One of the few shows where I just can't wait for hubby to get home to watch it together.. so..that leads to watching it twice[emoji23] [emoji23]

A long list of stuff either happening now, or starting this or next week:

Blindspot

Bull (2016)

Chicago Med

Code Black

Designated Survivor

Gotham

Highway Thru Hell

How It's Made

Kevin Can Wait

Lethal Weapon

Longmire

MacGyver (2016)

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Luke Cage

Mr. Robot

National Treasure

NCIS

NCIS: Los Angeles

NCIS: New Orleans

New Girl

Notorious (2016)

Poldark (2015)

Quarry

Ridiculousness

Rosewood

Taking Fire

The Blacklist

The Good Place

This Is Us

Through the Wormhole

Van Helsing

Vice Principals

I've started watching Designated Survivor on Hulu.

Something about Kiefer Sutherland.

Soooo... Of the new series that started:

I was surprised to find myself liking Lethal Weapon a lot more than I thought I would. However, the pilot was written by Shane Black who wrote Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Nice Guys and directed by McG who directed Charlie's Angels, 3 Days to Kill, etc. In other words, a world class team. So, will have to see what happens with the next few episodes. But a strong, confident start.

As opposed to MacGyver, which felt rushed and left me less than impressed. I think they tried to stuff too many things into the pilot so it kind of felt like having a little kid shout, "Look at me!" while you're trying to relax. Plus, now MacGyver is suddenly a martial arts expert as well? Let's just say I'm not completely whelmed yet.

Designated Survivor was okay but I'm not a big fan of political thrillers. Looks like fans of 24 and Homeland will enjoy it, though. I kind of liked Pitch but I'm not sure exactly how they are going to stretch it into a whole series. Yes, quite cool to see a girl pitch for the majors, but now what? Will see, but I have my reservations.

Finally, I thought Agents of SHIELD had a hell of an opening (ha ha, see what I did there?) Ghostrider kicked ass and I can't wait to see more of him (though I do miss the bike). However, I started losing interest in SHIELD halfway through the last season because of mediocre writing so I will see how long they keep up their new dark edge.

Talking about Marvel - this weekend the Luke Cage starts on Netflix! That means my weekend is booked, because it's going to be AWESOME.