What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

Has anybody seen Band of Brothers? I'm not really into war stories/books/series, but I'm looking for something good to watch and this is the highest-rated TV series of all time on IMDB.

So how is it going?

you prompted me into another BOB session...finished the superb breaking point episode last night. One cannot even begin to comprehend what these young men went through and how it affected them in later life 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else watch the first episode of The Grand Tour? I really enjoyed it. That opening sequence was awesome, and the production incredible. 

There was a couple of rather random scenes that missed the mark a bit, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Next week they are in Jhb.

Anybody else watch the first episode of The Grand Tour? I really enjoyed it. That opening sequence was awesome, and the production incredible. 

There was a couple of rather random scenes that missed the mark a bit, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Next week they are in Jhb.

watched it..

thought it was awesome, camera work was excellent opening seen was just pure awesomeness,  and also cannot wait till this weeks episode..

watched it..

thought it was awesome, camera work was excellent opening seen was just pure awesomeness,  and also cannot wait till this weeks episode..

There's another car coming which will imo blow all 3 of the "holy trinity" into the dark ages. 

Built by Koenigsegg Regera

So how is it going?

you prompted me into another BOB session...finished the superb breaking point episode last night. One cannot even begin to comprehend what these young men went through and how it affected them in later life 

All I can say is daaaamn. This series is so much more than a war story. It fully deserves all the praise and I now understand why it is so highly-rated. Just two episodes to go! We've been taking it slow, watching other shows in between because it just gets a bit too realistic and painful to watch at times. From now on I will also recommend it, but I think it will be a while before I watch it again - if I ever do. War is horrible and Band of Brothers really excel at showing just how horrible war is, despite all the bravery, compassion and companionship that bind the men together.

Ha ha - loved it. The bit with Jeremy Renner and Armie Hammer fell a bit flat (pun intended) but the rest was as excellent as always and thoroughly enjoyably. I suspect Matt LeBlanc will have to start looking for a new job again next year because I don't see Top Gear lasting much longer against The Grand Tour.

Started Super Natural recently, pretty good so far going into season 2. Got a bit of a shock when I saw it's 10 seasons + at 24 episodes a season!

Started Super Natural recently, pretty good so far going into season 2. Got a bit of a shock when I saw it's 10 seasons + at 24 episodes a season!

Ha ha - it's a hell of a journey. Some seasons are better than others. Can't believe I've been watching it for 11 years. 

Then I watch something like this and I remember why: Jensen Ackles singing Eye of The Tiger,

Only found out about this show this weekend while I was looking for something lighter to watch between episodes of Band of Brothers. Starring Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor of Smallville) it has moments where it's laugh-out-loud funny. Now part of my What-The-Hell-Why-Aren't-More-People-Watching-This list.

Only found out about this show this weekend while I was looking for something lighter to watch between episodes of Band of Brothers. Starring Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor of Smallville) it has moments where it's laugh-out-loud funny. Now part of my What-The-Hell-Why-Aren't-More-People-Watching-This list.

That does look good. Will add it to my 'must-watch' list.

my 15 year old daughter watches this  :whistling:  :P

yes..there is some definite perving going on  :lol:

and no problem with the fact he is 42 yrs old, while her dad is how old again? :P