What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://payload336.cargocollective.com/1/1/39698/9033625/The-Returned-2-Matt-Pugh-01_670.jpg

Started watching this. So far I'm hooked

I need that downloaded.

As for me - Black Sails has my attention, and I'm watching Dexter & Lost for the first time (yes, yes yes...)

Finished Better call Saul. It wasn't as good as Braking bad, but still not bad.

Also Shameless season finished. I was a little disappointed this time. It used to be one of my favourites, but this season seemed a bit uneventful.

Game of thrones is back next week. And currently busy with House of cards S3, which is excellent.

Edited by Robrider

http://payload336.cargocollective.com/1/1/39698/9033625/The-Returned-2-Matt-Pugh-01_670.jpg

Started watching this. So far I'm hooked

likewise. Initially thought it was a reboot of the 4400, but this one has an undercurrent of something pretty sinister/evil. lots of mini-arcs, but developing nicely.

likewise. Initially thought it was a reboot of the 4400, but this one has an undercurrent of something pretty sinister/evil. lots of mini-arcs, but developing nicely.

Its actually a reboot of this french series. 

returned_2578266b.jpg

the creators are Carlton Cuse (from Lost and Bates Motel) and Raelle Tucker (from Supernatural and True Blood)

Its actually a reboot of this french series. 

returned_2578266b.jpg

the creators are Carlton Cuse (from Lost and Bates Motel) and Raelle Tucker (from Supernatural and True Blood)

yes, was aware of that. should have phrased my sentiment as "as a remake of the 4400" rather. But i'm sure you get the intent.

yes, was aware of that. should have phrased my sentiment as "as a remake of the 4400" rather. But i'm sure you get the intent.

I must admit, I'm tempted to check it out. 

I've conceded to temptation before and started reading some of the GoT books.

Its only led to disappointment and more questions. So I stopped reading.

I don't want that to happen here. I've also grown fond of the characters

this is not the first remake of the french series. The frwnch series was brilliant - the amercianised versions so far have been rubbish. I am not holding thumbs for this

As for the 4400 comparisons - there are none

Les Revenants/The returned - People who have physically died over the course of hundreds of years are returned as they were at that time...over the course of a few weeks/moths....end of story

The 4400 - 4400 people were all taken away by aliens over the course of time (alive) and were all returned at the same time in one location as they were...they all have special abilities

yoikes, taking it abit serious there. if u take away the unnecessary detail, its what i was referring to as initially thinking it was similar: ppl going away, whether dead or alive, and coming back.

phew: ppl are lank serious around here..

yoikes, taking it abit serious there. if u take away the unnecessary detail, its what i was referring to as initially thinking it was similar: ppl going away, whether dead or alive, and coming back.

phew: ppl are lank serious around here..

lol - it irritates the bollocks out of me...there is a whole thread of it on IMDB that basically implies that its a direct copy of the 4400...its not..it has nothing whatsover in common with the 4400...thats what I'm trying to say

this is not the first remake of the french series. The frwnch series was brilliant - the amercianised versions so far have been rubbish. I am not holding thumbs for this

As for the 4400 comparisons - there are none

Les Revenants/The returned - People who have physically died over the course of hundreds of years are returned as they were at that time...over the course of a few weeks/moths....end of story

The 4400 - 4400 people were all taken away by aliens over the course of time (alive) and were all returned at the same time in one location as they were...they all have special abilities

Also been wanting to give it a go, but thought it would be very much like the below, which was ok for the first 5 episodes and then just lost me....

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjE2OTQ2Nzk4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTU0MTE5MjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2647586/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

lol - it irritates the bollocks out of me...there is a whole thread of it on IMDB that basically implies that its a direct copy of the 4400...its not..it has nothing whatsover in common with the 4400...thats what I'm trying to say

then go fight with the IMDBers. no one in this thread ever said they are the same. But from where the Returned stands now, its pretty similar: loved ones disappear/die. presumed dead. They return.

similar enough, but please dont slash my tyres. ^_^

he's making it harder for me to stay away from Les Revenants

i'm curious as well, if only to give my french a bit of a resurrection as well :P

then go fight with the IMDBers. no one in this thread ever said they are the same. But from where the Returned stands now, its pretty similar: loved ones disappear/die. presumed dead. They return.

similar enough, but please dont slash my tyres. ^_^

grumpy today hey  :D

i just saw 4400 mentioned and i went ... :cursing:

speaking of which..I actually never finished watching it...i think i still have a season left to watch - they were busy mass producing the green stuff and that dude was preaching to all the homeless people...the whole series sorted of fizzled out for me