Cyclists drive dangerously too!

Patchelicious

Lots has been said about cars behaving badly on the roads.

This chap Japie Merwe, seems to have left his Strava http://app.strava.co...vities/60413417 on when driving out the Cradle. Easy mistake, but he has indirectly busted himself for speeding in an area FULL of cyclists.

Note top speed 126km/h and at a section called Circle to Circle, which is probably the busiest part of the cradle his average was 90km/h.

The speed limit in the Cradle is 60km/h. Did more than double the speed limit!

So seems even us cyclists do not behave correctly around other cyclists when we get behind the wheel.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

I did 85.6km/h in an 80 zone on the way home today from the spruit.

Are you going to name and shame me too?

If it was on his bike, it would have been impressive, but its clearly on the drive home, note its all the last few sections.

So please, dont have a go at me, I am trying to show that we must also take responsibility when we drive around other cyclists.

I did 85.6km/h in an 80 zone on the way home today from the spruit.

Are you going to name and shame me too?

On a bicycle? No, will probably give you a high 5, thats faster than I've ever manage to pedal. Nice one!

If you drive 160km/h in a 80 zone in a CAR probably not, as nothing will come of it.

If you drive 160km/h in a 80 zone in a CAR in a known cycling hot spot and you had a bike rack on the back and I knew it was you, then yes I would, but only if I had proof like a pic or Strava.

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

Lots has been said about cars behaving badly on the roads.

This chap Japie Merwe, seems to have left his Strava http://app.strava.co...vities/60413417 on when driving out the Cradle. Easy mistake, but he has indirectly busted himself for speeding in an area FULL of cyclists.

Note top speed 126km/h and at a section called Circle to Circle, which is probably the busiest part of the cradle his average was 90km/h.

The speed limit in the Cradle is 60km/h. Did more than double the speed limit!

So seems even us cyclists do not behave correctly around other cyclists when we get behind the wheel.

Strava is, in this case, a tool for a tool.

Would love to hear Van's explanation.