CWC: Have they lost their touch?

wilvegza

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose when operations get this large, it's inevitable that somebody is going to be disappointed at some time or another.

mini hijack = on

ek wil net weet as: wie se verantwoordelikheid is dit om merchandise te check?

waneer hulle uitpak kyk hulle na die items wat hulle uitpak vir enige foute of moet ek kyk voor ek koop?

mini hijack = off

You can't blame the agent if you're offering something for sale that you don't have in stock.

the stock fly when it is on sale. Adding an item to your basket on CWC does not reserve the stoc, so by the time you check out the stock might be sold. Nothing wrong with that IMO (even though I lost out on some great deals due to this)

mini hijack = on

ek wil net weet as: wie se verantwoordelikheid is dit om merchandise te check?

waneer hulle uitpak kyk hulle na die items wat hulle uitpak vir enige foute of moet ek kyk voor ek koop?

mini hijack = off

This is not law but rather good business practice:

If the box / packaging is open then in the retail world the seller should inspect the item in front of the buyer, if its sealed then not.

I did this in my retail days and I still inspect unsealed items at the till.

I don't care how busy a retailer is, they should always do this regardless of who they are or what they sell.

I suppose when operations get this large, it's inevitable that somebody is going to be disappointed at some time or another.

Never an excuse, but we should always give the company an opportunity to correct the mistake and help them with feedback to prevent recurring mistakes.

This is not law but rather good business practice:

If the box / packaging is open then in the retail world the seller should inspect the item in front of the buyer, if its sealed then not.

I did this in my retail days and I still inspect unsealed items at the till.

I don't care how busy a retailer is, they should always do this regardless of who they are or what they sell.

oo ok righty want ek het 'n helmoet gekoop met 'n kraak op 'n not so obvious plek, ek het so baie hemoets op my kop gehad daai dag, anycase hulle het dit terug gevat meer as 'n week terug en ek sit nog sonder 'n replacement.

boetie wat dit moes aflaai by Cytek het vergeet om dit af te laai laas week, en tot dusver nog niks gehoor nie.

maarnouja

the stock fly when it is on sale. Adding an item to your basket on CWC does not reserve the stoc, so by the time you check out the stock might be sold. Nothing wrong with that IMO (even though I lost out on some great deals due to this)

That is their chosen method of operation.

I don't know if I support your opinion though.

It's tantatmount to somebody removing an item from my shopping cart at the local supermarket ... and that won't go down well.!

Edited by Thomo

Never an excuse, but we should always give the company an opportunity to correct the mistake and help them with feedback to prevent recurring mistakes.

Certainly not condoning any mistakes, just merely suggesting that there's a greater probability of mistake.

But hopefully a similarly great probability of them rectifying it.

Edited by Thomo

That is their chosen method of operation.

I don't know if I support your opinion though.

It's tantatmount to somebody removing an item from my shopping cart at the local supermarket ... and that won't go down well.!

If you put something in your shopping cart and don't pay for it immediately you can not expect CWC, or any other online shop, to keep it for you for ever. Especially if there is a sale on that item. First come first serve. Only after you have paid for it you have the right to call it yours.