1. 1. Which Maxxis Tyre 29Inch

• Ikon 2.2
    • Ardent 2.25

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I ride mostly the spruit and hardpack areas like Rietvlei...

I am doing the Imana Wildride so these need to float over beach sand!!!

Thanks for the reply what about the Geax?

Too heavy, doesn't like some rims

Edited by rouxtjie

I find the Ikon's don't inspire much confidence on 'loose' surfaces but I am also not as in 'touch' with my bike as some. Haven't tried the Ardents but am about to try some Aspen's (as soon as my flu is proper gone), at lower than my normal pressures as per Eldron's advice :)

Ardents are the best all purpose in the maxis range. They handled a wet Day 2 on Sani but were great on the hard pack and loose gravel. But most of all they're virtually bombproof, it's one of the few tires that I have replaced due to wear without ever having a puncture.

Ardents rock. Loved them on my 26er and love them even more on the.29er.

If yoi want speed then put the Ardent on the front and the ikon on back.

I have also just bought another Ardent now to replace the older one on the Front. The older one will go on the back and replace the Suguaro on the back.

The Saguaro rolls well and actually grips very well for the tiny knobs, the casing is supple and rather tough, I have just found on both the 26 & 29er that the Saguaro tends to gold a little easier than the Ardents so have been running slightly higher pressures for this tyre. The Ardent in the other hand feels very good at lower pressure, is tough as nails, roils well and also wears well.

H

Ikons for the weight, they are nice and light,however I would stick with the Racing ralph snakeskins.

I am seriously considering the Ardent in the front now and Ikon rear but I am not really a big fan of putting different treads on front and rear....