After sales service ..eish CLab fail, Scott agent fail,... CycleFunatics Yeah baby !

Max Headroom

THE RANT

What got me psst off..?

Bought my second Scott MTB from Cycle Lab (first mistake)

Tried to get minor part from them (second mistake)

The long story;

(1) Bought a Scott 29er MTB from Cycle lab. (R 43k. Other stores were selling at R41k but I had credit at CL)

It was suppose to have a XT front derailleur - because I wanted the 2x10 crank changed for 3x10, the derailleur had to be change and they only had SLX in stock. No problem, probably little to no difference in performance, so will pick-up later.

1 week later - sorry no stock

2 weeks later - sorry no stock

1 month later - sorry no stock

But, don't worry we will call you when we get it.

7 Months later .......nothing !

(2)

Broke a spoke at Gravel Travel.

C.Lab can't fix - no spokes in stock.

Don't worry will call you; will take 2 days.

1 week later - I call them - sorry no stock - we will call you

2 weeks later (I call them....

1 month later ( I call them .....

But hang on ...you sold me a R43k bike and you can't get me a R2 spoke ! ?

(their attitude basically just "F^^&off and die" )

Tried the other shops,but I could not find the spokes anywhere. So, maybe the importer/agent is not doing his job ? (ever try to look them up ? or get helpful response when you phone them ?!) No, no, you are the public .. go talk to your LBS (sorry can't tell you which one likely to have parts ..you have to look them all up !!!)

Tried CWC ...nope not interested, try someone else.(but that's ok, we all go to CWC for good prices, not service or maintenance)

Enter Marks Cycle workshop - Hi, we checked, no supplies, but don't worry, bring in the wheel and we will have spokes made for you - Now that is a fantastic reply ! - Like always, they will make a plan to help. They have fixed so many technical things for me (like welding bits on a frame etc). I decide to check some more shops before I go this engineering route.

Enter CycleFunatics - Hi, checked but sorry no stock - but we will call you back. Later in the day - Hi just to let you know, we are working on it - will call you again soon. Now that is quality service - 'keeping the customer informed'

2 Days later - ok we can help you.

(wondered how they can help so quickly - they don't stock Scott - so for interest I checked with C.lab - stock arrived ?- nope)

In short Cyclefunatics worked at finding a solution for the customer.

THE RAVE

A good cycle shop has three important contact points - a good Manager, good Staff and good Mechanics - and it looks like this shop has it all.

Just hang around in this shop for a while and you see how the manager/owner directs, guides and helps his staff. Talk to a 'salesman' and immediately see how they genuinely want to help - not just sales crap bullsh*t talk like other lbs.

Give these guys a try - fantastic staff, owner and service

As for C.Lab - don't bother to go there - The sales staff are nice guys, but nice guys and an uninterested manager is not enough and do not deliver for me.

Phew, started this thread thinking I will write two lines to get C.lab s*t service (and prices) of my chest - but now I just want to praise CycleFunatics.

Edited by Max Headroom

Shocking after sales service from C.LAB! Nothing more irritating than chasing up people that promise to call you back, as if they're doing you a favour. Well done CycleFunatics :thumbup:

I'll second you on Cyclefunatics awesome experience! EVERYTIME I go there I've walked out satisfied. They always phone me before doing major work/repairs and will source whatever I need or want(to certain limitations obviously). We as the cycling community are seriously benefiting from all the shops that have started to up the quality of service(those that have actually tried!).

Last I heard yes, He's still the owner and actively involved on the workshop side.

He is a great guy and will go out of his way to help someone.Also the best mechanic that i know.

Edited by gummibear

Last I heard yes, He's still the owner and actively involved on the workshop side.

Is this the place out the back of Durbanville? Opposite a (total?) service station? Used to be Cape Town Cycles?

Where is Cyclefunatics.

In center of durbanville - corner of Wellington and Durban Road - next to spiro's.

Great service always!

He's always given good service where ever he's been.

Is this the place out the back of Durbanville? Opposite a (total?) service station? Used to be Cape Town Cycles?

Nope, its not. Do not even bother to go to the shop you mentioned.

Cyclefunatic is the only LBS to work on my bikes, and yes Deon and his crew are really worth giving a try. BTW, took my bike there on monday (public holiday) to fit a new crank, 20min later i left with new cranks fitted to the bike AND had a decent cup of coffee :thumbup: ! My 2c