What's in your saddlebag?

ASG

all you haters, what do you do if you get a puncha and you're on your ace?

On the roadbike, a tube with levers is small and light and all you need. It fits in one of the back pockets.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No saddlebag ever! It is cooler to push/carry/run your bike to the finish. Especially on a road bike...

Saddlebags are so yesterday :thumbdown:

But thinking of what all I have in my Hydration pack......now that is another story :eek:

I have the following:

2 x 29 tubes

6 x CO2 cartridges

1 x Hand/Foot pump

Tyre levels - Have got girls hands so need them :blush:

1 x Park tool Allanjeys

1 x Multi tool

1 x Rain Jacket "Thise small foldup ones'

Medcial aid kit consisting of all the essentials wipes, plasters, disinfectant, gauze

And the most important: Snacks food

6 Cartridges! I bet everyone hangs around you when they get punctures!

But thinking of what all I have in my Hydration pack......now that is another story :eek:

I have the following:

2 x 29 tubes

6 x CO2 cartridges

1 x Hand/Foot pump

1 x Park tool Allanjeys

1 x Multi tool

Medcial aid kit consisting of all the essentials wipes, plasters, disinfectant, gauze

Wow. :blink:

Dude, you have no idea........

I am yet to use any of this stuff myself hey :) Nice to be able to help fellow Mounties if they get stuck.

Nice thing is the Fiance also runs the same setup in her bag.......so we have more than enough to go around

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have one of those small "puncture" repair kits.....and some chain lube just in case

So much for paying through my ears to put my Lefty on a diet hey

A camelbak with a bunch of tools suffices :) im not pro enough to ride without 2lt of liquid on my back...

including spare tubes, bombs, tools, puncture kits, hand pump, snacks, rainjacket..

and ive never used any on myself, but have rescued quite a few riders already by having it handy :)

Edited by Surv0MTB

Got one on the roadbike - quicklink, multitool, tube, patches, tyre levers, bomb, adaptor.

Exactly

How else are you supposed to carry spares on a road bike?

Even with my hairy campag leg warmers no way am I riding with my mtb back pack on the road bike

Oh yes.....and the lightest item in my bag I forgot about............One of the R100 Ran Della notes as backup

I have the following:

2 x 29 tubes

6 x CO2 cartridges

1 x Hand/Foot pump

1 x Park tool Allanjeys

1 x Multi tool

That's more stock than my local bike shop :thumbup:

I remember arriving at a club ride (old Bedfordview group) with my new saddle bag mounted proudly on my Colnago :eek: Spent the next 80km getting kakked out by 50 odd riders in the group. It very quickly found the dustbin when I got home.

Now MTBing is a different problem. I normally rode with a Camelpak because I only have 1 bottle cage mount on the frame. So very quickly you end up packing all kinds of crap in there. Then I did The Lowveld Quest, and got seriously hurt trying to lug 5kg backpack in the 1st stage. We dumped them and what ever didn't fit in our shirt pockets got left behind, mad a huge difference.

But I got so gatvol of taping tubes and bombs to my frame and packing tools in my shirt pockets, I have now mounted a cage on my seatpost and use one of those PRO container thingys.

So now i'm wondering if 500 riders are going to *** me out at theis weekends Northerns Quickie???

I have this instead. It fits perfectly into the middle pocket of my jeysey.

It has 3 bombs, bomb adapter, 29er tube, multitool, puncture kit, tyre levers and ID card for our local trails.

post-35592-0-27428700-1371810767_thumb.jpg

I use perfectly fitting zip lock bags in the back pockets... Two tubes, mini pump, levers, quick link, Presta adapter, valve key, and then loosely carry multi tool and 2 bombs...

Fit nicely, the bike looks clean, and I always have what I need!

Nothing... because saddle bags are asking for trouble....

And saddle bags are NOT cool....

they're kinda like mud flaps....

and flag posts on the rear wheel....

and a piece of cardboard secured to your rear stay with a peg... so as to make a motorbike noise...

:whistling:

disagree! only the first is uncool, the rest rock!

What is a puncha? and why would I want that on my "ace"?

On the roadbike, a tube with levers is small and light and all you need. It fits in one of the back pockets.

And you can inflate it with your mouth.