Wines 2 Whales - 2013

Francois Pienaar

Ok,

Tyre choice for this race? I need to replace my rear tyre thanks to a sidewall tear, so I might aswell get the right/ more appropriate tyre sorted.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly why i am not doing this event again

As opposed to getting a bit fitter and mixing it up with the better riders who can ride obstacles?

Just stirring here :whistling:

As opposed to getting a bit fitter and mixing it up with the better riders who can ride obstacles?

Just stirring here :whistling:

Funnliy enough a lot of fit guys are not technically gifted at all. Called "dirt roadies i think :ph34r:

Funnliy enough a lot of fit guys are not technically gifted at all. Called "dirt roadies i think :ph34r:

I wouldn't argue with you on that, I'm definitely generalising here..

but I do find that the closer you get to the front of the field, the less likely it is that the guy in front of you will get off his bike because he can't ride over a small rock in the road.

It's usually the guys at the back-end that complain of the "ungifted" riders around them

Loved it. Doiing it again. Start like a bat out of hell on the first hill (5k I think) and you will be surrounded with riders of better than your own abilities. Great jacket last year - I still wear it.

Exactly why i am not doing this event again

This is not confined to W2W. Any race will have congestion on technical parts if the seeding is messed up.

Enjoy the adventure.

Racing Ralph evo snakeskins!

Yup, I did 2 W2Ws on those and they're good all rounders, roll well, grip reasonably well and cope with the rocky bits.

I have just entered and paid. Doing the "Ride" with my wife. 1st timers, so we looking forward to it. Now my wife just needs to get over her knee injury that has kept her sidelines for 2 months so that we can start training!

Ok,

Tyre choice for this race? I need to replace my rear tyre thanks to a sidewall tear, so I might aswell get the right/ more appropriate tyre sorted.

Nobby Nic front and Racing Ralph rear (both snakeskin)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a race entry and my partner I would like to move to the adventure. If anyone is interested in swapping please contact me.