Claim from bike insurance?

clauderoux

Sorry if there is already another thread like this one, but...

My rear der broke off on Sat. As I am not one of the filthy rich hubbers, I was just wondering... Can one claim from your bike insurance for stuff like this?

Often a good idea to refer to your policy docs or query from your broker as to what your cover covers.

With all-risk or specified cover, you could.

Is the damage enough to cover excess fee though?

Whatdo you mean your rear derailer broke off, did the frame brake or the derailer hanger? If the latter it should not be enough to warrant a claim,

With iCycle you would have a claim and if you had our no excess option you would have no basic excess.

With iCycle you would have a claim and if you had our no excess option you would have no basic excess.

At what cost per month?

Who are the filthy rich Hubbers?

Names have had to be withheld as they could pose a security threat unfortunately.

At what cost per month?

the price is percentaged based on the premium. so if your premium is say R100pm the excess buyback premium will be R12pm which means the total premium would be R112pm. Hope that helps.

Agree with Leon,

Might not be worth it when you consider the excess and the subseqeunt premium increase that if may lead to.

Like Tjokkits questioned, if its a framethat broke different story, but hanger or the derailleur,just cough up rather.