DIY Bike Tools

Meezo

My Crown Race setting tool, is super simple pvc pipe.

Please note the sizing may differ for straight at tapered steerer

Our vacuum cleaners alu pipe worked well for me :drool:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used disposable syringes are easy to find, just follow cycling teams and look inside crumpled Coke tins.

I bought a bag with 20 odd syringes from the plastic shop, real cheap

I have different greases in separate ones ... works well

One is dedicated to topping up stans through the valve with the core removed

One is dedicated to bleeding shimano brakes (topping up the reservoir whilst bleeding out through the caliper)

One dedicated to fork oil services

One for getting water under ESI grips to remove them

A couple to have water fights with my boys.

Our vacuum cleaners alu pipe worked well for me :drool:

Speaking of vacuum cleaner.

For those whose dealt with internal routing. I've had to fish on a Chinese frame and on a Very big known brand won't mention obviously :ph34r: . best solution, cotton wool and vacuum cleaner....

Pretty self explanatory. Once wool through just fastened it to the inner cable(brake or gear) and pull gently through again!

Edited by Meezo

Speaking of vacuum cleaner.

For those whose dealt with internal routing. I've had to fish on a Chinese frame and on a Very big known brand won't mention obviously :ph34r: . best solution, cotton wool and vacuum cleaner....

Pretty self explanatory. Once wool through just fastened it to the inner cable(brake or gear) and pull gently through again!

great tip, guy from zululand cycles showed me that little pearl

DIY Chain whip = 30cm length flat bar, one bolt and an old chain (will post pic later)

This is great. Thanks

I don't know if that's genius or I'm just dumb. Latent Blue where's the pic with the futurama guy

Edited by Meezo

I bought a bag with 20 odd syringes from the plastic shop, real cheap

I have different greases in separate ones ... works well

One is dedicated to topping up stans through the valve with the core removed

One is dedicated to bleeding shimano brakes (topping up the reservoir whilst bleeding out through the caliper)

One dedicated to fork oil services

One for getting water under ESI grips to remove them

A couple to have water fights with my boys.

Only hassle is the oil dries up the plasticity of the rubber plunger. I have a few syringes I got from my vet that is made by ONCE that has a "O"-ring as a plunger that has now been working for at least ten years. I purchased a stack of cheapie grease guns that screws onto the "toothpaste" grease tubes. They work very well.

DIY Chain whip = 30cm length flat bar, one bolt and an old chain (will post pic later)

No bolt needed, just drill a hole in the flat bar same size as chain pin and fit it with your chain breaker.

The best DIY tool I have, work every time, I always carry them with me, can perform every single job required:

post-3958-0-79306200-1372235601_thumb.jpg

The best DIY tool I have, work every time, I always carry them with me, can perform every single job required:

Yeh right! -_-

Try pull a broken link off a snapped chain 40kms away from home with those... :ph34r:

Except if your freewheel packs up at the monster....then you need a hammer :whistling:

Edited by rouxtjie

Yeh right! -_-

Yeah left, unscrew your BB for me pleez!!!!!!!!....... or unscrew a nipple ...... gie gie!!!!!!!

Edited by Big H*

Yeah left, unscrew your BB for me pleez!!!!!!!!....... or unscrew a nipple ...... gie gie!!!!!!!

Was sarcasm....

But right back at ja, i don't drink. But BB = Beer Bottle :D

Often the one tool works great with another tool, perfect example in removing a BB.

post-3958-0-46362300-1372236660_thumb.jpg