DIY Bike Tools

Meezo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not manufacture this myself, as I did not have the required tools, 4 years ago when I bought it. I bought it for R250 from MTBikerforlife on the MTBR forum.

If you have a vernier and a lathe you can easily manufacture this yourself.

This tool is used to install and remove DU bushings on shocks. It is a press tool which should ideally be used in a vice. Otherwise a rubber mallet and wooden block will also suffice.

post-4006-1372394426,2506.jpg

Hi Fellow Hubbers

Wonder if you guys can help me. What "home tool" would I be able to use to remove and replace the BB on my Giant Anthem? Why should I pay my LBS to do it, when I have heard its easy to do.

Also what tool can I use to remove my back cassette to tighten my rear hub?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

This is something I made up and tried as a blind internal bearing puller. It works fine if the bearing isn't too tight, any ideas for improvement?

Cut small ridges on the contact points for better grip on the bearing.

Cut small ridges on the contact points for better grip on the bearing.

That's a good idea. I'll try that, should make a big difference.

I did not manufacture this myself, as I did not have the required tools, 4 years ago when I bought it. I bought it for R250 from MTBikerforlife on the MTBR forum.

If you have a vernier and a lathe you can easily manufacture this yourself.

This tool is used to install and remove DU bushings on shocks. It is a press tool which should ideally be used in a vice. Otherwise a rubber mallet and wooden block will also suffice.

post-4006-1372394426,2506.jpg

Used sockets big on outside, small on inside, push bushing through into big socket with vice, use old bush to press new one in!

Also bought DU bushing from Bearingman at fraction of cost of OEM

Nice work Richie and good point V12.

For my blind suspension bearing I would have to cut the tapered end of the rawl bolt right back to line up with the outer sections so that these outer expanding pieces could get into the fairly narrow bearing outer.

But I suppose I could turn the tapered piece down so that it fitted into the hole behind the bearing and centred it.

I've seen some guys mention bleeding shimano brakes with syringes. Wanted to try this. Got the syringes as well as some irrigation hose, but wasn't 100% sure it'll work.

Can anyone please post a pic & a short "how to" on bleeding the old XT as well as the new SLX / XT brakes?

Thx.

I've seen some guys mention bleeding shimano brakes with syringes. Wanted to try this. Got the syringes as well as some irrigation hose, but wasn't 100% sure it'll work.

Can anyone please post a pic & a short "how to" on bleeding the old XT as well as the new SLX / XT brakes?

Thx.

Hundred of clips on youtube, here is one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFuwoEYvt_w

Edited by shaper