[Event] Bovlei MTB Classic

Gravel Travel Events

Event Name: Bovlei MTB Classic
When: 31 August 2013
Where: Bosman Family Wines, Lelienfontein, Wellington, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Awesome new event presented by Bosman Family Wines and Wilde Fruit Juice. This event will feature solo categories (overall male and female) as well as a Corporate Race and Family Race - check out the website for more details.

Maps and profiles will be uploaded soon...

Go to Event Page

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

From the website it appears the entry fee has been reduced to R250. Still too steep for my pocket.

R5 per km ..... R200 fuel getting to the race .....R500 plus for less than 3hrs of riding... weather will have to be good to make this one!

At those prices, you're pretty much guaranteed a 'lucky draw' prize 'cause there are only going to be 20 entries :ph34r:

Just hope the lucky draw items make it worth while :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Yea tried to enter but had a minor issue with the website which was not resolved in the end .R250+R35(stand to be corrected here) for the csa license = the most expensive 40km I would ever of entered ,smacks a bit of excessive profiteering to me .

Thank you Helderberg Sport as ill be doing your event the next day for a reasonable cost R150.

At those prices, you're pretty much guaranteed a 'lucky draw' prize 'cause there are only going to be 20 entries :ph34r:

Just hope the lucky draw items make it worth while :whistling:

Yup, and you dont even get a medal, yes I know everyone does not like them or need them, but I love em, and so do my friends. If you charge that amount and you are too cheap for a medal, you aint getting my cash. I will also be doing the Helderberg race te Sunday, so will everyone else I ride with.

OP, don't let some of the douche bag comments on here put you off. The Graveltravel routes (which by the looks of it, this event covers the best bits) will provide more than enough interest. Its tough and rewarding. If I was not doing the Greyton Tour this same weekend I would have loved to ride your 50km route. BTW, let me have your details to donate some cash to the Bovlei Community centre and have a few medals printed for the chops who only race for themselves. PS: I like the idea of limiting the entries to under 600 as that would mean that queuing on and off the bike would be kept to a minimum.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

On second thought, use my full donation for the community centre and skip the medals. You dont really want or need the chops riding your race.

On second thought, use my full donation for the community centre and skip the medals. You dont really want or need the chops riding your race.

Well done rich boy. Why dont you sponsor some of us less fortunate people to ride the race. Love how you are calling people names on here because they are complaining about being ripped off.

Edited by schalk1982

Well done rich boy. Why dont you sponsor some of us less fortunate people to ride the race.

I pay for 4 kids in Greyton's annual schoolfees over and above many other charities I am involved with. Read up about masvirwellington.co.za and dmsa.org.za while you are at it. Change your attitude towards people who make a difference in their communities if you want anyone to take you seriously.

I pay for 4 kids in Greyton's annual schoolfees over and above many other charities I am involved with. Read up about masvirwellington.co.za and dmsa.org.za while you are at it. Change your attitude towards people who make a difference in their communities if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Good for you dude. Please dont drive over me tomorrow in your x5 when I am training.

Edited by schalk1982

I work 60 hours a week, I cycle 10 hours a week, weight train 5 hours a week, I weigh 88kg, I have 5% body fat and I am mens health cover model. Go play with your wallet w4nker. I live a real life.

please dont do this race. In fact stay away from all the races. The sport can do without your type.

please dont do this race. In fact stay away from all the races. The sport can do without your type.

And please dedicate your next shoot to those less fortunate than you.

And please dedicate your next shoot to those less fortunate than you.

I will dude. Thanks for showing all of us that money talks. Go practice your golf swing before you hit the course.

Edited by schalk1982