HOW TO TACKLE THE EPIC PROLOGUE!

jaxtun

I reckon it has f-all and buggerall to do with you.

Touchè, for once you are right, that's why I said if you don't mind me asking....

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiss, you seriously cannot believe that every thread is about you. I asked the Prologue question genuinely as I have an interest in how to handle the race.. Yes, things got exaggerated and jokes have been made but that is the nature of who I am... Climb down off the Swiss stallion you are trying to ride!

My bad if I assumed Jax's riding partner was a friend of a friend

No worries

I would also call Jaxtun stuk a friend of a friend

My advice from standing as an outsider at the Prologue, and having ridden it many moons ago:

Learn technical skills. Or practice them. Alot of riding is on gravel roads where you don't need it, but there will be times when you need it, and you need to be equipped.

We saw people pushing in silly singletracks because they were just too scared.

And in some places the riding is rough. you need to be confident in fast, rocky and twisty sections.

The prologue has a lot of singletrack if it is in Meerendal again, and it had a lot in Table Mountain and in Tokai.

And if it goes through Welvanpas again you know are in for a lot of singletrack.

Swiss, you seriously cannot believe that every thread is about you. I asked the Prologue question genuinely as I have an interest in how to handle the race.. Yes, things got exaggerated and jokes have been made but that is the nature of who I am... Climb down off the Swiss stallion you are trying to ride!

Jax, who do you honestly think they were referring to / joking about with all the last and back of the field comments?

They all know when I did epic we were listed as last on the prologue results due to a timing chip error.

Like I said if you need advice about training indoors in Europe for epic pm me

No worries

I would also call Jaxtun stuk a friend of a friend

technically when I met him he was a friend of my friend - so its a half BS story

Jax, who do you honestly think they were referring to / joking about with all the last and back of the field comments?

They all know when I did epic we were listed as last on the prologue results due to a timing chip error.

Like I said if you need advice about training indoors in Europe for epic pm me

I honestly think there is more real advice on the web.

Yes it was you we were joking about, who wouldn't you take sucker punches all the time, why can't we.

Timing chip error, I believe you, sincerely I do, I just don't have faith in you.

Is tis thread about you ?

What makes you so full of yourself, the world is much bigger than some lonely ex South African who desperately tries to stay in contact with people he can't stand.

Ride the Prologue as you're going to ride the rest of the event. Don't do anything stupid. Don't worry about seeding (unless you're racing for a podium), you've got 8 proper stages to sort that all out. Stay safe.

Do you ride home after the event as stage 8? :) or did I sleep though one somewhere?

Oi vey I may

Do you ride home after the event as stage 8? :) or did I sleep though one somewhere?

Oi vey - I may have to borrow Swiss's stallion for that stage!

On a serious note - 1) ride the prologue WITH your partner - it's a long way to go in silence/alone. 2) Don't race the prologue, ride strong but not absolutely redlined, and then your seeding will put you with people you will see every day - who will chat to you as if they know you and address you by name - which happens to be on your number....

Luckily I get on well with my partner, he only gets pissed off with me when he turns around and goes looking for me when I am in front of him....

Luckily I get on well with my partner, he only gets pissed off with me when he turns around and goes looking for me when I am in front of him....

It's amazing how often it happens in multiday races... Always a good laugh (when it's not you)

the land of Dykes,,,

sorry catching up on this valuable & informative thread..

So u say your partner is a Lesbi Lesbo... Lebanese??

Edit: I see Jow Low beat me to it....

Should read finished first & then comment

I'm such a d@@s!!

Double Edit: Oh.... he's from HOL land....so he's a Ghey biddy bumboy......Dutchie...

They def not Lebanese.....

Edited by HandH

sorry catching up on this valuable & informative thread..

So u say your partner is a Lesbi Lesbo... Lebanese??

Edit: I see Jow Low beat me to it....

Should read finished first & then comment

I'm such a d@@s!!

Double Edit: Oh.... he's from HOL land....so he's a Ghey biddy bumboy......Dutchie...

They def not Lebanese.....

They do like to be on their knees