Sweet craving

Hey Jacques

There is a good reason for this.

I may be able to help you with thi. Please drop me pm and I will discuss further with you.

Main reason most of us have cravings is as a result of a lack in protein intake.

If you are serious about this please pm me and I will gladly assist you with this.

Cheers

Leonard

Please share some more tips with us

I typically consume to much carbs imo and was actually experimenting this week by adding some whey protein powder to my breakfast cereal (I don't use milk, just water normally with my cereal) in the hope it might help the sugar craving...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cola bottles... Trulli ones work a treat.

Truthfully, I eat what I eat and I race how I race. Yup, if I drop 10 kgs I could be faster, better, leaner but I could also be a sour, obnoxious, obsessed tool as well. I ride, I race, I cook, I eat good food, ride good times, I drink good wine and I love good produce (choccy croissants included). Life is too short to eat food that you don't love... or to worry about it.

If I was a pro racer then I'd worry about it. I was, and I'm not now.

Man you put forward a damn good argument :thumbup:

Please share some more tips with us

I typically consume to much carbs imo and was actually experimenting this week by adding some whey protein powder to my breakfast cereal (I don't use milk, just water normally with my cereal) in the hope it might help the sugar craving...

Ok, let me share with you guys.

I had the same problem with cravings for sweet snacks after a meal and sometimes just during the day for no apparent reason. I then started substituting my breakfast cereal for a Herbalife Formula 1 healthy breakfast shake in order to get good nutrition.  This provided me with a balanced breakfast. After that my cravings just disappeared.  I also started adding the personalized protein powder from Herbalife and enjoy staying fuller for longer with no cravings at all!!!

An additional bonus I just dropped another 37cm across my body the last 12 weeks.

ANY Craving is the body’s way of telling you that you have an im-balance of nutrients of which the biggest one triggering cravings is PROTEIN.

Have a look at websites below and I will also be more than willing to help.

http://www.herbalifedistribution.com/

http://performancenutrition.herbalife.com/en/

Most important is to start your day with a balanced healthy nutritious breakfast.

• 1 month later...

Hey Jacques

There is a good reason for this.

I may be able to help you with thi. Please drop me pm and I will discuss further with you.

Main reason most of us have cravings is as a result of a lack in protein intake.

If you are serious about this please pm me and I will gladly assist you with this.

Cheers

Leonard

Hi leonard... Thanks. Definitly want help here. But cant seem to figure out how to pm

My major weakness is the woollies fruit gums..im an absolute junkie..buy 3 packets at a time and on my way home finish a packet..not good I've been told ..but can't stop

Hi Jacques

No problem.

Sorry I missed your previous post. For some silly reason all my notifications were turned off.

You are welcome to mail me at leonardmyburgh@mymtnmail.co.za and let's see how we can help you.

Tried sending you a pm and mine gave some weird error when sending.

See my other reply for my mail address.

why worry about it? life's to short...like the other guy said.ride eat drink do what ever you like stop sweating the numbers!

"AUP" :)

Take a spoon full of peanut butter instead. It is a protein.

Also look at what you eat earlier in the evening. As a sweet craving is because of your blood sugar levels dropping, which means somewhere earlier you ate something wrong. I found that if I plan my whole day on low GI meals I dont have bloodsugar levels dropping , which results into cravings.

Also I bought Biogen's Cinnamon pills which is a natural way of regulating you blood sugar levels.

I am no dietician, So the next post will probably be someone flaming me. But it worked work for me.

Make a banana/Nutella Sarmie, craving sorted

Is this full of bad stuff or good for you?

Just had one this afternoon and its awesome!

I love Maynards Fruity Chews. I have to limit when I buy it, because if I buy it it won't last more than a day or two.

When i'm training hard I get serious sugar cravings, but seeing as I don't struggle with weight I don't mind eating them. Although I know they are not good for one at all, I think I compensate for it in other ways which I won't mention because I will get attacked :D

Super M chocolate is simply the best recovery drink out there!

Edited by Specialize

Super M chocolate is simply the best recovery drink out there!
thought i was the only nutter that craves chocolate milk after a ride!

Take a spoon full of peanut butter instead. It is a protein.

Also look at what you eat earlier in the evening. As a sweet craving is because of your blood sugar levels dropping, which means somewhere earlier you ate something wrong. I found that if I plan my whole day on low GI meals I dont have bloodsugar levels dropping , which results into cravings.

Also I bought Biogen's Cinnamon pills which is a natural way of regulating you blood sugar levels.

I am no dietician, So the next post will probably be someone flaming me. But it worked work for me.

I am not going to flame you - just tell you that you are misinformed.... but there are more carbs in peanuts than protein..... a little known fact.... :)

Per 100g - 22g Fat, 21g Carbohydrate, 14g Protein......

•  
    Nutrition Facts

Peanuts, boiledPeanuts, dry-roastedPeanuts, oil-roastedPeanuts, spanishPeanuts, spanish, oil-roastedPeanuts, valenciaPeanuts, valencia, oil-roastedPeanuts, virginiaPeanuts, virginia, oil-roastedPeanuts, boiled

Amount Per 33 nuts (28 g)1 oz shelled (28 g)1 cup in shell, edible yield (63 g)100 grams1 cup, shelled (180 g)100 grams

Calories 318

% Daily Value*

2. Total fat 22 g 33% Saturated fat 3,1 g 15% Polyunsaturated fat 7 g Monounsaturated fat 11 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 751 mg 31% Potassium 180 mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 21 g 7% Dietary fiber 9 g 36% Sugar 2,5 g Protein 14 g 28% Caffeine

3. Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 5% Iron 5% Vitamin B-6 10% Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 25%

1. *Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.