Bicycle McGyver's

Hairy

So we all have a McGuyer solution we have had to come up with to get a bike rocking and rolling.

First installment from my side is for getting an impromptu chain guide (while I source a proper one) sorted out for the 1x9 drive train. I could have used a conventional shifter and front der to keep the chain in place, but the cable stops never came with the frame and they are now on their way.

So ... fit der and run a cable from the back of the seat clamp down to the front der, pull the der out to get a good chain line and bolt down the cable. Further refinements were using a cable housing end stop over the cable end to protect the frame and I had to get a little more tension on the cable so I pulled the cable up and used a cable tie below the cap to get more tension and a perfect alignment.

post-5403-0-29999800-1372923047_thumb.jpg

Send me pics of the cable stops needed....

I made up some for a Giant TCR Advanced ISP 2012 that i built, the rear brake cable is now internal routing. But the frame was insurance replacement and never had the stops, i made my own using 2 jagwire inline cable adjusters.

Worked/works like a charm

So why did you not just use the limit screws?actually, just the one for the bottom limit?

I'm giving the guy a chain guide that I'm taking off my bike. I'm going 1x9 guideless wiff a clutch (and maybe a Bionicon inspired chain keeper just in case)

So why did you not just use the limit screws?actually, just the one for the bottom limit?

That would have worked perfectly. I did that on my Singular Swift when I ran it geared.

I played with this, but it did not work out.

I'm giving the guy a chain guide that I'm taking off my bike. I'm going 1x9 guideless wiff a clutch (and maybe a Bionicon inspired chain keeper just in case)

He is a hero

Hairy, your new steed is seriously green, have you noticed?

Fiona is big boned and green yes ..... :) ... just in case you missed the other pics

Meezo ... will get a pic or two through to you.

Currently it is running ok, and the boys from Cracondale are sending me the right goodies, so all should be good soon.

post-5403-0-68535400-1372927264_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-09218000-1372927268_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-61641300-1372927271_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Fiona is big boned and green yes ..... :) ... just in case you missed the other pics

Meezo ... will get a pic or two through to you.

Currently it is running ok, and the boys from Cracondale are sending me the right goodies, so all should be good soon.

Saw someone riding a bike JUST like that on Buitengraght just a few minutes ago.

+1