Which is your favourite value for money bib? (Poll)

M L

Cycling Bibs  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite value for money bib

• Assos Uno - R1900
    • Assos Mille - R2400
    • First ascent domestiq - R500
    • First ascent endurance - R700
    • First ascent revolution - R900
    • First ascent pro elite - R1300
    • CWC team - R550
    • Santini max core - R875
    • Santini max tempo - R1200
    • Santini gara- R1500
    • Santini carbon - R1700
    • Santini sleek - R2100
    • 2XU comp - R2100
    • Cape Storm storm rider - R380
    • Cape Storm Nitros - 925
    • Vermarc relax - R1250
    • Vermarc FRC - R1650
    • Nalini chiolite - R800
    • Nalini chiolite - R800
    • My favourite is in a different section.
  2. 2. Your favourite value for money bib

• Nalini spino - R900
    • Nalini lambro - R1300
    • Nalini MOA - R1400
    • Newline mens 8 - R900
    • Castelli presto - R885
    • Castelli T3 - R1000
    • Castelli valocissimo - R1100
    • Castelli inferno - R1450
    • Giordana trade - R775
    • Giordana sport- R750
    • Giordana classic - R830
    • Anatomic 100 miler
    • Anatomic Classic - R500
    • Anatomic racer - R700
    • Anatomic ergonomic - R1050
    • Craft performance - R1000
    • Craft active - R750
    • Craft elite - R2000
  3. 3. Your favourite value for money bib

• Pearl Izumi quest - R700
    • Pearl Izumi attack - R1000
    • Pearl Izumi elite - R1350
    • Pearl Izumi pro - R1700

Guest Latent Blue
Picked the assos uno as I have only had a due south, first accent and the assos, and between them the assos is the best.

Would I buy one for R1900? No.

Im seriously happy with my first ascent.... R750

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Cape Storm Matrix bibs R750. Tried the Nitros, but the chamois is too hard and chafes me. They are ok for up to 4 hrs. Longer than that I prefer my Matrix bibs. I spend long hrs, 10+ riding. Don't see the need to pay mega bucks for imported bibs. Rather buy a good saddle. I only use Brooks saddle.

edit haven't voted

Edited by deanbean

I had to retire my trusty Giordanas after 3 years of abuse!

Haven't found anything that comes close to them......even at twice the price!

I have a Assos mille pair of bibs for 5 years now. Still bloody comfy and even survived a trip or 2 to the ER

I have Giordana Classic, Craft Elite & Performance bibs. All of which are better than any First Accent rubbish I used to ride in. But to answer the question, my best value for money bib (and probably my overall favourite) is my Pearl Izumi Elite. Cheaper than the first three I listed and, judging by what people are paying for a First Accent and Cape Storm these days, similarly priced to these yet as comfortable if not more so than my Girodanas and Crafts.

Obviously I'm looking at women's specific of which there is a piss poor selection.

Assos T fi ladies - only chamois to come close to chaffing me ever - in the first half of day 2 of Sani. Luckily I got it wet on a river crossing and then it was fine.

First ascent pro elite gel. Favorite cut of a bib. Gel chamois - in 2 minds but did hell and back and Karoo to coast in them and day 3 of Sani and very comfy.

Exteondo - love it, can't get it anymore.

Craft active shorts wish I could get them in bibs!! Have written an email to the importers.

Pearl Azumi - don't like the cut

Anatomic - not impressed with the shorts I bought and the big zip on the bib not looking very soft skin friendly but will still try them.

Male Chamois are generally too big and I don't see why we women should be forced to wear men's stuff. Also when it comes to the cut we have assets that get in the way.

Have a specilized bib that I paid R1000 for , very comfortable. Cape Storm Nitros a couple of years ago also R1000 same.

I have Assos Uno bibs, good value for money if you can't buy the Mille or 13. Velotex red label are pretty good for training bibs. Would love to get a pair of Santini's as they are well priced compared to Assos. Santini is quite popular among pro teams as I always see their logo on team kit. Anybody use Santini and which is the best one to go for? Any opinions on Vermarc?

Obviously I'm looking at women's specific of which there is a piss poor selection.

Assos T fi ladies - only chamois to come close to chaffing me ever - in the first half of day 2 of Sani. Luckily I got it wet on a river crossing and then it was fine.

First ascent pro elite gel. Favorite cut of a bib. Gel chamois - in 2 minds but did hell and back and Karoo to coast in them and day 3 of Sani and very comfy.

Exteondo - love it, can't get it anymore.

Craft active shorts wish I could get them in bibs!! Have written an email to the importers.

Pearl Azumi - don't like the cut

Anatomic - not impressed with the shorts I bought and the big zip on the bib not looking very soft skin friendly but will still try them.

Male Chamois are generally too big and I don't see why we women should be forced to wear men's stuff. Also when it comes to the cut we have assets that get in the way.

Yes sorry, about the male orientated bib poll.

If you give me names of ladies bibs I would gladly add them to the poll.

Edited by MTB Marinio

Im seriously happy with my first ascent.... R750

Had the cheapest one, and it didn't last too many washes.

Longevity plays a big part, I would rather not have a less comfortable bib for R600 that lasts 1 year than a proper giordana/santini/nalini bib, that will last you 4 times as long but only cost twice as much.

Edited by MTB Marinio

Pearl Izimu elite

I have Giordana Classic, Craft Elite & Performance bibs. All of which are better than any First Accent rubbish I used to ride in. But to answer the question, my best value for money bib (and probably my overall favourite) is my Pearl Izumi Elite. Cheaper than the first three I listed and, judging by what people are paying for a First Accent and Cape Storm these days, similarly priced to these yet as comfortable if not more so than my Girodanas and Crafts.

Added pearl izumi to the poll.

I reckon the Giordana Silverlines are by far the best value vs cost. Have shorts and knickers for training and they are comfortable, tough and great use of different fabrics all over. No silicon grippers, comes with a radio pocket (not that i have a radio), good mesh bib, great to really great pad (depending which pad that year has).

Pure comfort vs no budget vs don't care how long they last. Castelli Aero FreeRace. Simply awesome and have knocked Assos off in a lot of tests. Problem is that they are like Italian cars, brilliant but don't last. 4 washes down the logos will come off which is pretty average.

The Assos unos are a great 'comprise' if you get a good price some where. Super strong, comfy and reasonably good looking though I always feel like I'm wearing a man-nappie.

Would like to try the Pearl Izumi's though. Only heard good things.