Which is your favourite value for money bib? (Poll)

M L

Cycling Bibs  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite value for money bib

• Assos Uno - R1900
    • Assos Mille - R2400
    • First ascent domestiq - R500
    • First ascent endurance - R700
    • First ascent revolution - R900
    • First ascent pro elite - R1300
    • CWC team - R550
    • Santini max core - R875
    • Santini max tempo - R1200
    • Santini gara- R1500
    • Santini carbon - R1700
    • Santini sleek - R2100
    • 2XU comp - R2100
    • Cape Storm storm rider - R380
    • Cape Storm Nitros - 925
    • Vermarc relax - R1250
    • Vermarc FRC - R1650
    • Nalini chiolite - R800
    • Nalini chiolite - R800
    • My favourite is in a different section.
  2. 2. Your favourite value for money bib

• Nalini spino - R900
    • Nalini lambro - R1300
    • Nalini MOA - R1400
    • Newline mens 8 - R900
    • Castelli presto - R885
    • Castelli T3 - R1000
    • Castelli valocissimo - R1100
    • Castelli inferno - R1450
    • Giordana trade - R775
    • Giordana sport- R750
    • Giordana classic - R830
    • Anatomic 100 miler
    • Anatomic Classic - R500
    • Anatomic racer - R700
    • Anatomic ergonomic - R1050
    • Craft performance - R1000
    • Craft active - R750
    • Craft elite - R2000
  3. 3. Your favourite value for money bib

• Pearl Izumi quest - R700
    • Pearl Izumi attack - R1000
    • Pearl Izumi elite - R1350
    • Pearl Izumi pro - R1700

Thanks for the poll :)

I've been doing some research as well, as i'm in the market for a new bibshort.

I have an Assos uno and it's amazing. Leaning towards getting another, but I feel a bit close minded and would like to try something else in the same brand. But is it worth the risk? I only have 1 set of Assos and because it's white(rookie error) I only where it on long road rides(+ no rain) so I don't use it often, but when I use it - it feels like heaven on a saddle...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had the disposable, I'd go for Assos purely due to the reviews others that I trust have given of them.

Unfortunately I don't have the disposable necessary to enable me to buy a pair. I just carry on with my 6 year old Cycle Lab jobbies and then my First Ascent Endurance jobbies.

My favourite ones so far are my Endura baggies. Nice chamois, plenty storage and great fit. Would def buy another pair.

I've had a pair of Nalini bibs for the last year and a half, I think they are the Chicos. They just say "Base" on a lable on the side. I paid R850 for them and are the most comfortable bibs I own, although my 4 year old Vermarc bibs come pretty close.

The most deceiving part about them is the chamois, it looks like a perforated piece of suede leather. None of that dual/multi density rubbish. It's really nice. BUT the mesh on the "strap" part WILL chaffe the hell out of your nipples if you don't have a under vest on and you are riding bumpy sections like freshly cut veld trails. (Not an issue on the road...)

I bought a pair of First Ascent, only wore it once. Received 2 pairs of R400 Craft bibs from Solomons, don't even think about a ride longer than 2 hours.

Edited by Helpmytrap

Thanks for the poll :)

I've been doing some research as well, as i'm in the market for a new bibshort.

I have an Assos uno and it's amazing. Leaning towards getting another, but I feel a bit close minded and would like to try something else in the same brand. But is it worth the risk? I only have 1 set of Assos and because it's white(rookie error) I only where it on long road rides(+ no rain) so I don't use it often, but when I use it - it feels like heaven on a saddle...

Pleasure, also in the market. And glad I did some research on what is out there. Lots of good choices.

didn't you like the feel of any in their range? Why so?

The material seems to be thick and bulky. I did not try them on. Not for me. I checked out some nice Santini bibs at CWC today for R1200 and R1700. a quality bib for R1500 or lower is a bargain in my books

i dont wear bibs...just the pant part...first ascent compressions..bloody marvellous

I tried on Castelli Aero Race and Vermarc something(R1600) at my LBS today and must say the Castelli felt really nice and the chamois seems quite nice. It's not nearly as big/bulky as the Assos but apparently very comfortable. Price was R1800, might well try that.

Going to try out some Santini as well. So hard to decide without being able to ride in them!

On the strength of an article in Bicycling magazine, I ordered a pair of Enjoy bib shorts online. I haven't worn bibs before so I have nothing to compare it with. Cost R650. But I would take bets that it's as good and comfortable as some at double the price.

Good material, thick padding and strong elastics.

I'm more than happy.

This is a very nice poll...

I cant get myself to pay the price for Assos. Have a white set of Pearl Izumi's (which is stupid, rookie mistake!) which are nice. Value for money the best set I have is a set of Mavic's bought on special from CRC... Can't seem to find them again, but very nice quality at the same price as entry level bibs

I like the Assos Mille a lot, although it is expensive. I bought mine on a sale.

IMO Gore Bikewear offers the best value for money range. Also high-end, but better priced that Assos. I don't think it is available locally though.

IMO Gore Bikewear offers the best value for money range. Also high-end, but better priced that Assos. I don't think it is available locally though.

Are the Gore's good? I've seen them online and always wondered as the look well made and good cut.

Also had nice Mavics before. CRC are running a few specials on them as well at the moment.

I've had a pair of Nalini bibs for the last year and a half, I think they are the Chicos. They just say "Base" on a lable on the side. I paid R850 for them and are the most comfortable bibs I own, although my 4 year old Vermarc bibs come pretty close.

The most deceiving part about them is the chamois, it looks like a perforated piece of suede leather. None of that dual/multi density rubbish. It's really nice. BUT the mesh on the "strap" part WILL chaffe the hell out of your nipples if you don't have a under vest on and you are riding bumpy sections like freshly cut veld trails. (Not an issue on the road...)

I bought a pair of First Ascent, only wore it once. Received 2 pairs of R400 Craft bibs from Solomons, don't even think about a ride longer than 2 hours.

Yes! Nalini chamois is awesome. Mine don't bother the nipples. Got mine from evobikes for a good price.

Are the Gore's good? I've seen them online and always wondered as the look well made and good cut.

Also had nice Mavics before. CRC are running a few specials on them as well at the moment.

Don't you pay like 45% duty on cycling clothes?