Frame Respray - Cape Town?

Caerus

Hi All,

Just trying to find some other people to contact regarding a frame respray in Cape Town for a S/S build I'm doing.

So far , I have come up with -

Adriano - 078 451 0061.

BMC - 021 448 4692.

I am looking for a matt black finish, with some highlights of red, and a few decals to be sprayed back as well.

I can't powder coat this frame unfortunately as I have carbon stays.

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a verbal quote back from Adriano, ± R1200 for a plain matt black finish(No fork), which I think is fairly reasonable. I will strip it and mask it all off. Still need to chat to BMC though.

BMC have given a rough price of between R1500 - R1800. Salvo have come back with a rough price of R450 for a stripped down frame, that's a primer/ 3 coats & a sealing coat. So far they seem the best by far, two colours will be a about R750.

My question is are certain people taking the p with pricing?

Edited by SkinnySweatyMan

Would say 1500 is approx the going rate. I had my mtb sprayed by cycleart in JHB a couple of years ago and it costed 1500. Post pics when done I also want to spray my bike matt black.

Don't know much about frame resprays, but twice had repairs done on my bike by BMC. Excellent and honest service - I recommend them to everyone.

Hubber did this for me. Black on black.

That looks sweet :drool: , I really like the gloss decals on the matt frame, its given me a few more ideas now.

I can highly recommend BMC. They do fantastic work. They are about to do my tallboy. Cant wait....

@Onetime... Who did your frame respray for you? I'm looking at doing something similar, and am keen to see some more of this persons work!

I can highly recommend BMC. They do fantastic work. They are about to do my tallboy. Cant wait....

Not to knock there work, as it is of a high standard, but personally I think there prices are a bit over the top. I know you pay extra for quality, but having worked in a similar industry I do know the processes involved and think they are over priced in my opinion.

That looks sweet :drool: , I really like the gloss decals on the matt frame, its given me a few more ideas now.

All the decals are spray and not stickers.

Guest Latent Blue
@Onetime... Who did your frame respray for you? I'm looking at doing something similar, and am keen to see some more of this persons work!

Ill post the pictures of my ss soon aal over this hub!!! As soon as he is done with it...