Tyler Hamilton and Discovery health

SFDT

I hate when someone who support dopers... Rather support the riders that are clean... I hate Discovery anyway!

I'm sensing a lot of hate hate hate for your world... Just let it go.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an issue with some of the holier than thou TH and LA bashers. Some mates of mines where ranting about how dishonest and awful Lance was after reading TH's book. Turns out they (dishonestly!) read an illegal and unpaid for copy of the ebook. They had no answer when I raised the issue with them. So where do you draw the line? Driving over the speed limit, not stopping at a stop street properly - with bike or car - is wrong. Ever copied some copyrighted music?

That said I don't condone doping in any way. In fact I believe life bans are the solution. I just don't know if I am in a position to pass judgement on those who do it.

Problem is - if they bring any cyclist other than a convicted doper to talk - would you believe him? Impi would be cool though....

So many high horses, you'd swear The Hub was the Moral Capital of the internet.

I'd rather have Tyler telling his story so that we can question, recognise and prevent it happening again in the sport that we love. He's part of the solution along with teams like Garmin, while Lance has done nothing to move the sport forward, and teams like Sky remind us of the recent dark past.

My dream is to be able to watch a bike race and not have my suspicions raised, and hope that we never have another Michael van Staden situation.

Laaik.

Let's move forward, Folks!

I disagree with the doping that Hamilton did during his career, but from reading his book, I also have a lot of understanding for someone in his situation, both then and now. I think he might still have something to contribute and it would be narrow minded to dismiss him out of hand, even if he does it for gain. His coming clean has truly helped to lance (sorry, couldn't help myself) the boil that doping was / is in pro cycling. That alone is a huge positive.

(Having said all that, I hate those type of packaged symposiums almost as much as I hate self-help books and won't spend my own money to attend.)

Everybody calls for the end of Omerta, except hubbers. They want to stick their heads into a bucket of sand on top of a high horse.

Edited by agteros

So many high horses, ............

Many Hubbers ride giraffes (this being Africa and all) and the saddle sits just behind the head because the joysticks used to steer it sits on top of the head ;).........and from there it's a long way down. :D

I have an issue with some of the holier than thou TH and LA bashers. Some mates of mines where ranting about how dishonest and awful Lance was after reading TH's book. Turns out they (dishonestly!) read an illegal and unpaid for copy of the ebook.

If i borrow a hard copy from a friend and read it,tyler gets nothing

If i borrow my friend's kindle and read it. tyler gets nothing

If i take it out from the library and read it. tyler gets nothing

if i get a pirate copy and read it. tyler gets nothing

If i borrow a hard copy from a friend and read it,tyler gets nothing

If i borrow my friend's kindle and read it. tyler gets nothing

If i take it out from the library and read it. tyler gets nothing

if i get a pirate copy and read it. tyler gets nothing

But the publisher get screwed because you're a thief

Hey, I would live the opportunity to ride with an ex postal rider, regardless of the doping, at the time, they rocked as a team on the tour,