EBay sale item

Meentb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its on auction, check again to see in 23hrs. seller is in the USA, so suspect is real... price is cheap coz its on auction, by tomorrow you may get it for 60% of the retail price.

At least his shipping is cheap as normally is $40-50 from that part of the world

Ebay has a purchase agreement, so if not as specified (or found to be a chinarello) then you can ask for as specified or money back.

As the guy has an ebay shop, selling mostly clothes??? is likely to be legit, else he will loose his ebay shop

he has also sold over 24,000 items and has a high rating 99.5% (see top right) so is a legit item based on what you can get from his ebay account.

Might be worth checking out buyers comments for further background checks.

His shipping is really cheap.

A few months ago I was watching a cannondale frame. Went for $1200. Not bad. But shipping to good ol SA was $450

It's eBay, 99% of buyers won't bid until the last min'.

I only bid in the last 20 sec as you get a real idea of where the price is going.

That said you can often catch people napping. My Last orange 5 I sniped @ a crazy steal as everyone was bidding on a similar 5 pro and ignored the std that was a year older.

This is the part that gets me : Contact me before making the purchase. I would like to explain my terms of sale

http://millerestaurants.com/catering.jpg

I mailed him...he wants your details then he will setup deal on ebay from his side...hahaha seriously...

I got phoned last night on my 4 day old landline to tell me i have virusses on my pc and they need to login to remove it. Guy hanged up after i started speaking afrikaans. :P

The seller also sells TAPOUT shirts :eek:

Score...maybe he can throw in one with the bike.

Please explain.

well i dont understand why everyone thinks this is a ripoff bike or a fake...ebay is not like gumtree nor bidorbuy...they have done considerable development and management to ensure that fakes and scammers dont flood the site...as someone mentioned just below this...the price will increase exponentially at the end of the auction

Please explain.

Generally there are two options on ebay, one is buy now where the vendor has stipulated his price and you buy it at that price. The other is an Auction, which is what this is, you place a bit and once you have placed a bid you have the option of putting a maximum figure you wish to offer. Which means you do not have to watch the auction and as along as your bid is winning will stay at that figure, should you be outbid, ebay will automatically rebid on your behalf up to the maximum figure you have placed in your option. You will also get emails advising you of your bid and whether it has been beaten. At the time specified when the auction is finished if you are successful you will be notified of this and you are now in a binding contract with the seller and will be required to make payment for the purchase at your bid price

Alternatively you can sit refreshing your sceen minutes before the close of the auction and bid manually if you prefer, sometimes this gets frantic if is a hot item.

That in a nutshell is how an auction works.

Am guessing the comment is more referring to the fact that people including you think the cheap price was the actual selling price (buy now) when in fact it is an auction price which always starts off low.

If you know what you are doing on ebay, there are bargains to be had both in the buy now and auction scenario.

And as noted, ebay works hard to keep scammers and fakers off its site, but like anything a few will slip through until reported

Edited by shaper