Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

Did the race last year, but changed it to the Trail. We are weekend warriors and ended up starting very late in the race. We didn't do "badly", but because the race has all the pro's and super serious guys in it, we ended up arriving when the bikewashes are a mess, showers and super packed and in Jolivet we couldn't even find a place to sit re: eating.

Day 1 - 4h39m

Day 2 - 7h41m

Day 3 - 4h51m

So ja, with this year being my second and us stopping for less pictures, I think those times will only improve. PLUS, add to the fact that we are in the trail, I hope that we will be in some higher batches and perhaps have a place to sit for dinner at Jolivet. HAHA

IN the same boat but the opposite way around.

Raced it last year:

Day 1 3:56

Day 2 5:51

Day 3 3:37

This year i am doing it for fun and to enjoy some time alone with the wife. Save us a space at the dinner table on day 2 will you?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1st Sani2c, doing the race...........

Been getting loads of mountain bike training time mixed in with long steady road rides, hopefully my training is enough........gulp worried now.

We still have space on our luxury 16-seater bus if you require transport from King Shaka to Underberg or from Scottburgh to King Shaka.

:clap:

IN the same boat but the opposite way around.

Raced it last year:

Day 1 3:56

Day 2 5:51

Day 3 3:37

This year i am doing it for fun and to enjoy some time alone with the wife. Save us a space at the dinner table on day 2 will you?

I now this will be my first sani, but how much alone time will you have haha

Well done on those stage times though

Edited by Killer_Bean

I now this will be my first sani, but how much alone time will you have haha

Well done on those stage times though

well for starters we wont have 4 kids running around nagging for attention. Thats all the alone time we need. Some nice peace and quiet. Being able to relax in a tent without my 4 year waking us up at 3:30 wanting nesquick. Nothing can be done about work from both her side and mine as we wont be anywhere near PC's. Thats all the alone time we need.

Farmer Glen has been very quiet this year? Last year around this time I saw on Supersport the mention of the floating bridge etc but this year nothing as yet?

Farmer Glen has been very quiet this year? Last year around this time I saw on Supersport the mention of the floating bridge etc but this year nothing as yet?

Been doing the sponsor schmoozing thing that he has to do with Nedbank etc...

Edited by davetapson

there was a picture of a monster dam crossing

edit; looks like it has been taken off...mmmm..i wonder...maybe he is trying to keep it secret

i recall it mentioned something like a 300m dam crossing

Edited by Stretch

there was a picture of a monster dam crossing

edit; looks like it has been taken off...mmmm..i wonder...maybe he is trying to keep it secret

i recall it mentioned something like a 300m dam crossing

Now that would be awesome!

We still have space on our luxury 16-seater bus if you require transport from King Shaka to Underberg or from Scottburgh to King Shaka.

:clap:

Hi, what race are you doing? I have a mate who needs a lift from King Shaka to Underberg, and hasnt sorted yet. He is doing the race, so will need to be up in Underberg on the Wed pm..

Thx

Edited by The Big Bad Norm

Hi, what race are you doing? I have a mate who needs a lift from King Shaka to Underberg, and hasnt sorted yet. He is doing the race, so will need to be up in Underberg on the Wed pm..

Thx

I am sure they will still have as my partner and I are doing the race and have booked with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx

Why not use the shuttle - did it last year and will do it again this year