I suck at Mountainbiking

dev  null

It's not about how fast you go, it's about how much fun you have riding... :thumbup:

I also suck, but that's fine with me because then it means I'm riding (and having fun) for longer.

Look forward to being able to ride nicely with my little girl when she's a bit older!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish my boy could ride along me, but alas, I have to pull him along on his halfwheeler for now.

At what age can they start riding alone? Mine is turning 3 in September.

Speaking of kids on bikes. My boy turned 9 last week and his 20 inch is looking to small for him, this after i got it for his 8th bday, and i got him a 16 inch for his 6th bday, do i now just get him a 26er that will surely be to big or heavy or should he just make do with the 20 incher for another year?? I cannot keep buying new bikes every 2 years .

Edited by Stevief

Speaking of kids on bikes. My boy turned 9 last week and his 20 inch is looking to small for him, this after i got it for his 8th bday, and i got him a 16 inch for his 6th bday, do i now just get him a 26er that will surely be to big or heavy or should he just make do with the 20 incher for another year?? I cannot keep buying new bikes every 2 years .

I know how you feel. Now my wife says she is next in line. She also wants some of this new fangled DS stuff. Her Gaint ATX880 has no front or rear suspension. Already I have like 10 bikes around my home, from 20 inch stuff to the 29er. And 2 roadies too! I need a second job dammit! This cycling stuff is killing my bank manager.

I got a small framed 26'er for our ten year old and he flies on it.

Get him to try out one or two and see how he feels/looks on them.

I got a small framed 26'er for our ten year old and he flies on it.

Get him to try out one or two and see how he feels/looks on them.

Our just about 8 year old rides a Silverback XS 26'er ... granted he is taller/same height than the average 9-10 year old, he fares well on it.

Guest Travis.

It's not about how fast you go, it's about how much fun you have riding... :thumbup:

I also suck, but that's fine with me because then it means I'm riding (and having fun) for longer.

Look forward to being able to ride nicely with my little girl when she's a bit older!

If you suck, then I must suck great lengths! Had to let you ride in front most of the times as I was holding you back at Modders' singletrack!

I'm sucky at it too, but as I see improvement from riding more, and as long as I'm having fun and I have a smile on my face, I'm happy. Here's to being able to rip it up one day, and not giving up till then ;)

I also suck at this but the smile on my face is a sign i'm doing something right!

Whhaaaat? Dude if you' suck at it, then heck I've got a longer way to go.

Surprised there is any mud left on the trails the way you guys suck it up ;)

No matter how good or bad we are, as long as you are enjoying, being outdoors and healthy and living on the right side of the grass... Then its a good day!

Was in the same boat with my son.

Took the plunge and built him a small 26" carbon mtb with X0. Cost big bucks but its done now, and should last another 4-5 years. Its a 650b frame so we can change the wheels when he out grows the bike.

He is much quicker on the new bike compared to his old 16".

Edited by King_Crispy

I felt lke a fool yesterday morning 2 minutes before the 10km kids race started at Northerns, I manage to fall infront of the camera man while "balancing". It was not as funny as all the spectators though!

Surprised there is any mud left on the trails the way you guys suck it up ;)

No matter how good or bad we are, as long as you are enjoying, being outdoors and healthy and living on the right side of the grass... Then its a good day!

I took a fair bit of mud to the washing machine and shower. Bloody well burnt like hell when the hot water hit my leg. Not too bad though, minor roasty. I had a good MTB 'training session' and have the wounds to prove it.