[Event] Varsity College MTB Enduro (12hr,6hr And Team Relay)

Richard Beswick

If any of the haters on this thread actually race their bikes, I'll will give them a free entry to the event. You might actually enjoy it, and it help as training for your quest to be Enduro World Champion drop me a mail richard@ilumin8.co.za

hey Richard, I would do it but im faaaar away, I still ride xc events all the time as it helps with fitness , flats and all!!

not h8ing , but im glad it has been brought to your attention, btw I do 1200km round trips to do the Dirtopia enduro events. all the best with your event. I hope you guys have successful event. :thumbup:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the 2nd lady for the 12h solo last year at this event...

I wonder if I can achieve the same results this year since I now have an AM Enduro Machine ^_^

hey Richard, I would do it but im faaaar away, I still ride xc events all the time as it helps with fitness , flats and all!!

not h8ing , but im glad it has been brought to your attention, btw I do 1200km round trips to do the Dirtopia enduro events. all the best with your event. I hope you guys have successful event. :thumbup:

Believe me i'm we'll aware of it and it was a consideration when we named the event especially as it is gaining popularity in SA. I'm not new to this sport, i raced mtb for 17yrs both locally and abroad so im not new to terms on the scene. the word enduro fits our event, and unfortunately our racing is more mainstream, most of our local riders would never dream of actually racing a gravity Enduro, but instead of hating guys putting on events, help us grow the scene, it is events like these that could easily add and Enduro format (well as close as we can get in Gauteng) to an existing event.

The Hub should be a place to promote events, ask advice, find news, but it takes something like this to actually get replies on an event page these days, guys aren't interested unless they can bring someone else down or complain about something.

If any of the haters on this thread actually race their bikes, I'll will give them a free entry to the event. You might actually enjoy it, and it help as training for your quest to be Enduro World Champion drop me a mail richard@ilumin8.co.za

Mail sent

I always ride solo.

In for 12 hour solo. With my AM bike and flatsies.

i will buy you a beer for that at the race. :thumbup:

Also too far away, have also done my fair share of 12 & 24 hour events.

Not scared of doing it on my AM bike at all

Believe me i'm we'll aware of it and it was a consideration when we named the event especially as it is gaining popularity in SA. I'm not new to this sport, i raced mtb for 17yrs both locally and abroad so im not new to terms on the scene. the word enduro fits our event, and unfortunately our racing is more mainstream, most of our local riders would never dream of actually racing a gravity Enduro, but instead of hating guys putting on events, help us grow the scene, it is events like these that could easily add and Enduro format (well as close as we can get in Gauteng) to an existing event.

The Hub should be a place to promote events, ask advice, find news, but it takes something like this to actually get replies on an event page these days, guys aren't interested unless they can bring someone else down or complain about something.

Personally have not been h8ing, just pointing it out. Just take care in terminology/descriptions in the future.

Good luck with the event, hope it's a blast.

@Richard for my part I'm sorry and wouldn't have wanted this to turn into an argument.

Hope your event is a success.

I would love to do this event especially on a free entry but it kinda clashes with my "getting really drunk once a year" weekend :)

Guest Karma

Richard, this was a great event last year, will definitely see you there again.

Ignore all the idiots, you know who they are.

It is a pity that some participants on this thread, from both camps, resorted to name calling. The discussion was very civilised and quite informative until the name calling and joking started.

@Richard, the idea was not to "moan", or bring your thread down, but there are many Enduro-Hungry trail riders out there who would not think twice about driving 1000km to get to a gravity enduro event. That is the reason why so many enduro riders from all over the country have opened this thread. It is a racing discipline that suits our riding style.

There is a very positive side to this thread, you now know that there is a great demand for the gravity enduro format, and if you are able to host such an event at your trail, I can promise you that you will get riders from all over the country there.

All the best with your event, multi hour lap events are always a blast, especially if a part of it, is during the night.

Edited by Brian Fantana

All the best with your event, multi hour lap events are always a blast, especially if a part of it, is during the night and lots of beer :thumbup: .

Fixed it for you

Edited by flat29