Post your car p*rn

Behan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's just something about a tjooned wagon that is supposed to be for families all civilized and practical n all... For me my fascinaction started with the Volvo 850 T5R many moons ago.

I've just taken a customer for a test drive in a V90 Cross Country T6 with Polestar software.

Looks like a complete grand pa car (if you ignore the 21" wheels), put your foot down and you've got supercharge whine and turbo whoosh and giving some unsuspecting performance sedans a hard time.

Stick it in Dynamic mode and there are pops and gargles from teh exhaust.

Its not quite as brutal as the germans but its a hoot to drive.

044f858c01e5a1a9ea62f986c49a4639.jpg

Edited by ouzo

Why do some cars ( I noticed VW & BMW ) " bark " from pull-off . I have googled same , but I'm still not sure . Is it the turbo waste-gate letting off some pressure , preventing the turbo from spinning to fast. Is it harmfull for the motor . Find it irritating and windgat.

Why do some cars ( I noticed VW & BMW ) " bark " from pull-off . I have googled same , but I'm still not sure . Is it the turbo waste-gate letting off some pressure , preventing the turbo from spinning to fast. Is it harmfull for the motor . Find it irritating and windgat.

It's called anti-lag. Basically ensuring that the turbos keep spinning at their optimum RPM when the revs hit and between shifts, so that there's minimal turbo lag. Various different versions. 

Could also be a 2-step rev limiter / launch control system (same thing, really) 

From Wiki

An anti-lag system (ALS) or misfiring system is a system used on turbocharged engines to minimize turbo lag on racing cars. It works by arranging for fuel and air to be in the exhaust duct after the engine, and before the turbocharger. This ignites in the hot ducting and the combustion process that occurs there keeps the turbocharger spinning when the engine is not delivering enough exhaust gas.

Two Step: Basically, it all boils down to ignition control. An aftermarket two-step rev limiter lets you set one (lower) limiter for launch, and a higher limit for when you're upshifting as you accelerate away. Anti-lag does something similar, but it's focused on dumping fuel into the exhaust system, so it can ignite further downstream from the combustion chamber and help the turbo or turbos spool up to build boost.

Edited by Cptmayhem