Will a 650b wheel fit a fox 26" fork

johanbehrens

I know that 27.5" will not fit 26"rochshox. But FOXhas at least 2" more space at the crown..

Did anyone test this ?

I have plenty space at the back as well on my Santa Cruz SL

Would it be worth it bumping it up to a 650?

Are there any other changes I would need to make?

So to upgrade my Specialized epic I need a 26" Fox and the wheels.

I don't want to get rid of the Epic such a nice bike, maybe just bigger lighter wheels

Just a note that the FOX boys and girls have their panties in a know about converting 26'er forks to 650B's as they state the forks will not cope with the additional forces and should the fork explode and totally annihilate mankind while you are riding it this way, then they will accept no responsibility.

Hahahaha... yes everything in void if not used for its intended purpose.

I have a fox Talas with 650b for over 8 months without issue, and plenty of clearance...

Just a note that the FOX boys and girls have their panties in a know about converting 26'er forks to 650B's as they state the forks will not cope with the additional forces and should the fork explode and totally annihilate mankind while you are riding it this way, then they will accept no responsibility.

I'll wear a helmut....

Guest Latent Blue
Awesome, helmuts are so much better than helmets!

They are a little more expensive though...

Forks that will work is the Rox shock SID older models with high round crown, as well as most Fox models. Also the Suntour seems to work with slightly less clearance.

I converted my hardtail Chinarello and has a Suntour shock on, and basically uses that for the training on road during the week and clearance is OK

On my spark 30 I used a dual air SID and it works very well.

Have ZTR crest on bothbut use the new Maxis on the one and Schwalbe on the other

How are they going to know just keep your old wheels and put them back on.