What to eat while riding?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanut Butter Sarmie

+1 - I also use honey on it as well. I find one slice of bread becomes about 3 bites taken over an hour.

Little and often.

Fruitcake sliced into slabs , yogurt bars, bananas, jelly babies. Depends what i feel like on the day.

+1 - I also use honey on it as well. I find one slice of bread becomes about 3 bites taken over an hour.

Little and often.

Well said Mojo!

There can be only one !!! Powerbar!! Works like a gem, eats easy and will help you out of the dumps, been there done that, don't buy coconut, you will puke after the first bite, cookies and cream and peanut butter, yummy

on the bike? need some serious skills to eat most of those during a ride

My thoughts exactly. I was trying to imaging the mixture of yogurt and paw paw in my back pocket!

Peanut Butter Sarmie

the peanut butter isn't a problem? sticking-to-the-back-of-your-throat-wise?

the best foodbar i have used is 32GI it is soft so its easy to chew, i find alot of the bars hard to chew if you riding hard so the 32GI works well for me, recently been using the Wedgewood Racefood (nougat) not a bad product but i find it difficult to open (small package) while riding.

I pre-open all my packets before the ride, much easier.

Woolies date and cinnamon bar or Jungle oats banana snack bar.

Hot dog roll cut in half, dig out the center and stuff a banana in their with Nutella.

Edited by Cippo

Frikken hell. One of lifes pleasures

Standard school sarmie we grew up on as kids if there was butter or margarine in the house.

Edited by Cippo