TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

I can only reiterate what has been posted here:

attend the meetings, make your voice heard. become part of the administration, change things.

But a simple thing like making the constitution and financials available should not require this amount of whinging on a public forum.

Hell we got a nice voluntary explanation what the R20 for night racing is used for by our club the other night.

something i am not bothered with at all, but it was nice to hear.

Without members there is no club.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only reiterate what has been posted here:

attend the meetings, make your voice heard. become part of the administration, change things.

But a simple thing like making the constitution and financials available should not require this amount of whinging on a public forum.

Hell we got a nice voluntary explanation what the R20 for night racing is used for by our club the other night.

something i am not bothered with at all, but it was nice to hear.

Without members there is no club.

The way I see it it, he tried to go the official route, the FB route, etc. to get this but to no avail, hence him coming here

I'm not involved with the said club, but our club also has a bookface page and is free for anyone to join, members as well as non-members. I think virtually everyone has administrator rights so it's a free for all, which keeps the page interesting, and it's worked pretty well.

Does your club not have a re-election of committee members every year, which should be in the constitution. And i'm under correction here, but is it not a CSA ruling that club constitutions must be lodged with CSA, which they can make available on request to club members.

Guest Smimby

On the Facebook page there are about 1400 members, I think it has been explained with the previous mud slinging contest there why it is not an ideal way to communicate and the post was mutually deleted. There is no way that you will get a solution to you problem when 1400 people each give their opinion about a problem and inevitably it will just change into a fight, like it will turn into a fight here.

The reason mud slinging starts is because of certain responses that are allowed, like when someone asked about trail maintenance and a comment was made “I would explain to you how you were born and how you could get back there”

And that was allowed to stay on the FB page?

You are now doing exactly what the club try to avoid, complaining about a club that people are jealous of after seeing our trail on the Epic.

Seriously, how can it be that important to see the constitution that you want to voice it here, what is in there that will make a difference in how we MTB?

People have the right to an opinion, and I am highlighting the way things gets handled on the FB page. Why must that be swept under the carpet?

Why should people not know that when you send an email it does not get answered or even acknowledged for DAYS/ weeks or never?

On the FB page it has been explained why maintenance can not be done before it starts raining and we get an update on that weekly.

Not explained, more told how they do and we should take it or leave it= “topic closed” No ideas wrt bowsers/ waterdrums etc were entertained. Posts deleted

I remember asking how can “rain” be so important for MAINTENANCE but a whole section was added without rain?

If you are concerned about the money, well, that is a different story all together, but then join the committee and sort it out.

Disagree, all club members should ask where and how every sent is spend…….and thus providing financials is the easy way to do it….

As for copying boards, no one will be able to stop that, if members feel that is what they want to do, you cannot stop that, but just to make sure they try, we now have the security company looking out for non members on our trails.

The wire crossing, it is still private land, something that, if I remember correctly, we struggled to get, after the previous committee made a complete meal of it and we had to suck up to the land owners to be able to use it again.

Anyway, like you say, each to his, but I really think this is bad taste of you to try and put pressure on the committee that we selected by posting this here and not setting up some sort of a meeting with the guys to discuss.

Copying of boards, I suggested a solution but again it was shot down for cost and basically saying….not interested.

BTW my suggestion was that you provide a ID photo and its get laminated onto the board, not huge cost.

Many people suggested different things about boards for multiple bike and again was met with attacking and sarcastic comments

Wire crossing, we suggested that step are made a bit wider and one more step added….again it was shot down before it even got to the chairman

I'm not involved with the said club, but our club also has a bookface page and is free for anyone to join, members as well as non-members. I think virtually everyone has administrator rights so it's a free for all, which keeps the page interesting, and it's worked pretty well.

Does your club not have a re-election of committee members every year, which should be in the constitution. And i'm under correction here, but is it not a CSA ruling that club constitutions must be lodged with CSA, which they can make available on request to club members.

does CSA administer said club? or is it PPA

(this may become interesting)

edit: terrible hand-eye-co-ordination

Edited by RocknRolla

Guest Smimby

Amazing how people only state what they want you to know. Da Vinci you know that as far as finances go the club is still recovering from a major financial setback that nobody wants to talk about. As for you Coenie(same dog as your FB profile) well you just want to cause trouble and no you cannot work the trail in summer cause the clay is rock hard and cannot be molded, a principal you fail to understand, you still feel you can fix the trail with your cycling shoe.

The club cannot please everyone but seems to be pleasing 95% of the members??

Get a life people, as long as we have stunning trails at a budget price, lets just ride our bikes.

P.S. The person managing the FB page has a day job but still tries to answer questions timeously, he is not perfect and does not get paid for his time BUT does try to help!!

And you have to start with the name calling hey? And it is no secret what my name is bud, it is only profile.... :-)

If you can not work the trail, what do they do during summer then?

How did they build a new section in summer at Hoogekraal but could not fix the widowmaker that was right next to where they were working.

Were you not the one who posted this "I would explain to you how you were born and how you could get back there" And then believes it is NOT a PERSONAL attack..

Anyway I am trying to get people to see that we CAN improve and that it just needs to happens quicker.

This year we waited for 7 months for our CC type membership cards.....really?

Guest Smimby

looks like some people won't be happy until the trails are tarred and the fences are crossed by multi-lane flyovers.

it's MOUNTAIN BIKING FFS. if you don't like a bit of a challenge, get a roadbike.

Nah most people will be happy with the fences being made easier for WOMEN, and the other section made so women dont go over their handlebars when their 26er wheels gets stuck in the rut.

Different levels need to be kept in mind. New people need to build confidence.....come ride with me so we can see if I am asking this for my own good ?

BTW I have a road bike, ohhh and a FS. oh and a 29er HT....

ohhh and a 29er commuter....Think I have it covered :-)

And you have to start with the name calling hey? And it is no secret what my name is bud, it is only profile.... :-)

If you can not work the trail, what do they do during summer then?

How did they build a new section in summer at Hoogekraal but could not fix the widowmaker that was right next to where they were working.

Were you not the one who posted this "I would explain to you how you were born and how you could get back there" And then believes it is NOT a PERSONAL attack..

Anyway I am trying to get people to see that we CAN improve and that it just needs to happens quicker.

This year we waited for 7 months for our CC type membership cards.....really?

during summer they suntan and drink beer - seriously buddy this has all been explained to you in great length, you either did not understand or just don't want to.

As for getting personal, I do not like you ,you are a moaning old lady with nothing better to do but cause trouble.

Trying to improve the club is great and I am behind you all the way when it is constructive(even though I still do not like you) but things like this do not help.

Membership cards were a problem, nobody said they were not, but the "Gestapo" is trying his best to fix this??

None of us are perfect, we try our best. Our personal argument is a result of you attitude, we both want what is best for the club, I look for the good in people and you look for the worst in them.

Again, I'm not a club member, but wanted to join a few months back. I thought that if I waited till after middle of the year (June) it might be cheaper to join, seeing as it will be Pro Rata (or so I thought). I called the contact number on the Website, and got told (quite abruply / rudely) by contact person that they have not decided yet what the reduced amount would be, I must wait for the next meeting to take place, and it will then be on the website.

A few months has passed since then, and I now see on the website that the price is reduced from R550.00 p/a to R400.00 for the remaining 5 months (not really pro rata).

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay the R400.00, otherwise I will be banned from riding the trails (even if I place my day fee money in the honesty boxes)

Does existing club members that renew the membership not get a reduced membership fee? (my previous Club upcountry did that)

Guest Smimby

Again, I'm not a club member, but wanted to join a few months back. I thought that if I waited till after middle of the year (June) it might be cheaper to join, seeing as it will be Pro Rata (or so I thought). I called the contact number on the Website, and got told (quite abruply / rudely) by contact person that they have not decided yet what the reduced amount would be, I must wait for the next meeting to take place, and it will then be on the website.

A few months has passed since then, and I now see on the website that the price is reduced from R550.00 p/a to R400.00 for the remaining 5 months (not really pro rata).

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay the R400.00, otherwise I will be banned from riding the trails (even if I place my day fee money in the honesty boxes)

Does existing club members that renew the membership not get a reduced membership fee? (my previous Club upcountry did that)

Nope we pay the full price...and glad that you air that here....this was discussed on the FB page and ended up being removed....well most comments...

I have seen many newsletters where the no-board riders are being addressed, and we asked what about the honesty box riders....Well that went down well :-)

Edited by Smimby

Nah most people will be happy with the fences being made easier for WOMEN, and the other section made so women dont go over their handlebars (only women - really?) when their 26er wheels gets stuck in the rut.

Different levels need to be kept in mind. New people need to build confidence.....come ride with me so we can see if I am asking this for my own good ?

BTW I have a road bike, ohhh and a FS. oh and a 29er HT....

ohhh and a 29er commuter....Think I have it covered :-)

i'm very impressed by your bike collection.

there are planty of places on the trails people can ride to build up their confidence.

Edited by MTBeer

Guest Smimby

Trying to improve the club is great and I am behind you all the way when it is constructive(even though I still do not like you) but things like this do not help.

Cool so lets think of a better solution that will help the ladies cross those fences and we can go and suggest it to the Committee?

What suggestion do you have?

We know we can not build a normal rideover big bridge. But how about making the steps bigger and adding one? and maybe a tyre width platform to place your bike on when you climb over.....

Any other ideas?

Maintenace in summer, 6 water drums on the bakkie? or can we have a trailer/bower build....?anyone contact you can call on?

snip snip.

snip snip

MTBeer/Schwinn Lover, can either of you answer this?

Edited by Wannabe

Guest Smimby

i'm very impressed by your bike collection.

there are planty of places on the trails people can ride to build up their confidence.

There is a loop, on MD and I am talking mainly about the womens group. When a lady fell hard there.....and surely we can put a plank over it?