Momsen vipa or pyga oneten29?

BrennonClevely

What cpt said. Two different bikes.

Depends what you're planning on doing with them.

The fact that you trying to compare such different bikes leads me to believe that you're not really an avid racing snake (else you'd know the difference) so, stick with the PYGA. It'll serve you well.

I've ridden XCO courses, XC (classics), marathons, stage races and Enduros with mine. Great bike.

I'm going to repeat what Ryan said, very different bikes, designed for totally different problems (read fun adventures).

The Pyga will play allot better in both the Trail, and XC/XCO/Marathon than the VIPA will. VIPA if you looking for a pure race weapon.

Where you going to use the bike, is the question you want to ask first.

G

What cpt said. Two different bikes.

Depends what you're planning on doing with them.

The fact that you trying to compare such different bikes leads me to believe that you're not really an avid racing snake (else you'd know the difference) so, stick with the PYGA. It'll serve you well.

I've ridden XCO courses, XC (classics), marathons, stage races and Enduros with mine. Great bike.

Totally different bike. One is a pure race machine the other is a pure trail machine that can punch in both xc and marathon.

Stay pyga! Far more versatile bike.

As usual, sound advice from a man who knows his shite.

Agree with armpies, but if it was me and we had to go purely on how it makes me feel when I see a pic of it....

VaaaaaaaaIPA!!! :)

Personal pref and opinion as always ;)

Hmmmm. Appreciate that, but I have to disagree. The pyga is one sexy beast. Plus the vipa's head tube looks as its been deformed. But I suspect that's because I have an aversion to any bike with a ht angle of more than 69 degrees.

Newer trend is to increase headtube angle and shorten chainstay, Good or bad? I think it is a very good idea.

So VIPA would be my choice. Fast up = good. :whistling:

I do think the Pyga is great, just depends on application and personal choice.

Newer trend is to increase headtube angle and shorten chainstay, Good or bad? I think it is a very good idea.

Nope. Newer trend is to DECREASE head tube angle and chain stay length. Decrease as on go to lower numbers. You see a lot more xc bikes coming out at 68/69 degrees whereas before they were solidly around the 71/72 mark.

Um. Yeah. This isn't right...

Trend is to decrease, giving slacker angles...

ViPa is a race thoroughbred - with a headtube angle of 71. Steep like it should be for the bike it is...