Cycling injuries

Hi guys,

What is the most common injuries you guys have got from cycling or most heard of?

And how do you treat it?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noobie Injuries - My forearms are hurting like crazy today. Riding with a mate that's a sadist , he decided I should do some drills on lifting my front wheel. Yanking at handlebars with lots of grunting doesn't equate to a wheelie. Lesson learned.

Broken ribs I've done a few times. That's really sore. My latest lie down involved ripping my shoulder to pieces. Tendons and ligaments stuffed. Apparently I would have been better off breaking the collar bone as it takes quicker to heal !!!

Tiredness shortly after a long long ride. 2 cups of coffee has show to reduce this feeling.

Broken ribs I've done a few times. That's really sore. My latest lie down involved ripping my shoulder to pieces. Tendons and ligaments stuffed. Apparently I would have been better off breaking the collar bone as it takes quicker to heal !!!

How long do the tendons take to heal? My doctor said one month. I'm 15 days away and I'm not feeling any better than I did the day I fell.

How long do the tendons take to heal? My doctor said one month. I'm 15 days away and I'm not feeling any better than I did the day I fell.

My muscle is also torn. It's been 3 weeks for me and no better :( . Been going to physio. I heard it takes longer to heal than broken bones! But I suppose in my case it doesn't help swallowing myprodol' s and riding like nothing ever happened ;)

Broke ribs twice this year. 6 weeks apart. Sucked!!!

Heal up quick. I can only imagine what you are going through at the moment.