Cycling injuries

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Femur head and neck fractures can have pretty crap longterm outcomes. They signal high energy injuries. Not from falling over at the robot with your foot still cleated...

Femur head and neck fractures can have pretty crap longterm outcomes. They signal high energy injuries. Not from falling over at the robot with your foot still cleated...

Was a pretty high energy impact yes - doc said the same. The height from which I hit the rock when I went over the handlebars.

The short term outcome is a click in the hip when I walk but long term me thinks HKGK.

Edited by CapeLandy

Was a pretty high energy impact yes - doc said the same. The height from which I hit the rock when I went over the handlebars.

The short term outcome is a click in the hip when I walk but long term me thinks HKGK.

HKGK.... click means something is catching.... soon there will be debris and then grinding....

NOT good.... luckily there are some good hip guys in CT - don't leave it too long.

just had twisted ankle last weekend at Giba. hurt like hell! and then cant walk next morning. went to doctor xray (No fracture), ultrasound around my feet. 2 ligament is ok, 1 half injury. So will see Physio tomorrow.

Here is a unusual one caused from trauma they think ??

Ive contracted a virus / condition that's seems to have every one guessing as its part of large family .

Symptoms

sore shoulders ......... literally cant lift arms

sore hip flexors ........cant get up from seated position

cant swallow .............food feels like its stuck

Thank God for anti inflammatory meds

Now have to have corticosteroid or cortizone as we know it sucks just when I choose to get healthy :mellow:

But although they don't know for sure what causes it they reckon trauma is a factor .Like blikseming off a bike too many times. And also age related I'm 56 to old to riding lol. :unsure:

Collar bone.

Ribs don't really count. Happens frequently and other than a fear of sneezing no long term effects

So before I started mtbing I had never brocken a bone

Well between 2008 and now the list is

2008 broken ribs

2009 left broken clavicle. Plate put in and six months later taken out due to plate starting to lift as one screw snapped

2010 broken ribs

2011 chipped elbow

2012 ribs again

2013 as in now broke the right clavicle, plate and eight crews solved the issue

Moral of the story is that Mtbíng is not for sissy's or I need new glasses.

post-5200-0-03862100-1377767767_thumb.jpg

post-5200-0-31443000-1377767856_thumb.jpg

2008 broken ribs

2009 left broken clavicle. Plate put in and six months later taken out due to plate starting to lift as one screw snapped

2010 broken ribs

2011 chipped elbow

2012 ribs again

You win the competition for most broken bones..... but did you get to ride in one of these on route to the + :w00t:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee420/Landy1973/IMG00295-20110127-1925_2_zpseec7f010.jpg

2008 broken ribs

2010 broken ribs

2011 chipped elbow

2012 ribs again

I think new glasses would not be a bad idea considering your track history. Maybe at the same time consider full body armour. It might slow you down a bit but you'll likely make it through the tear without breaking something. Good luck with the healing process.

You win the competition for most broken bones..... but did you get to ride in one of these on route to the + :w00t:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee420/Landy1973/IMG00295-20110127-1925_2_zpseec7f010.jpg

No unfortunately not. That would have been much more comfortable. I rode my bike the last 8km through the Grabouw plantations single track, which would normally have been bliss but with a broken clavicle it was hell.

Medics at the end said just seems like your ac joint is dislocated..... Rather trust the x-rays

Edited by DMD 1