MotoGP

SeaBee

Suppose it depends what side of the fence you sit as to how you see it.

Lets wait and see but regardless it was a calculated move.......

Watch him be excluded, all his previous rivalries coming home to roost.

Yeah. It wasn't a clever move by any stretch of the imagination

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah. Think he picked the wrong guy this time.

If he tries that in Valencia he will be lynched!!!

I think he might want to hire some bodyguards at Valencia regardless, wont be getting a warm welcome thats for sure.

Misano - Marquez - Rossi - Lorenzo - Lorenzo

Aragon - Lorenzo - Lorenzo - Marquez - Pedrosa

Motegi - Pedrosa - Lorenzo - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Philip Island - Marquez - Rossi - Lorenzo - Stoner

Sepang - Pedrosa - Marquez - Pedrosa - Pedrosa

Valencia - Marquez - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Misano is the real decider I think. Rossi has been doing a monumental amount of laps around that circuit on an R1M as of late, but Lorenzo is very strong there. That's going to be one hell of a battle, especially if one of the Hondas get involved. This is the one I can't call.

(At least I was right about it being the decider    :P Rossi however didn't capitalise fully, so Lorenzo will still smell blood. Excellent ride by Marc, but more-so Redding. Crashing and still finishing 3rd, get out!)

Rossi 247

Lorenzo 224 (-23)

Aragon I'm willing to go with Marc for the win, Lorenzo beating out Rossi.

(Utterly dominant performance from Lorenzo all weekend long. Marquez pushed all he could and overcooked it, again. Dani boy is the man of the hour, fought like a little terrier! Championship is still on! Off to the fly-aways now!)

Rossi 263

Lorenzo 249 (-14)

Motegi, Lorenzo beating the Hondas at home, again.

(Well once again the weather intervened! Jorge made the error in not slacking off, but Dani was absolutely sublime. Excellent riding, keeping his cool (and his tyres) picking off the leaders with ease. Momentum fully back in Rossi's favour again, it's looking ominous!)

Rossi 283

Lorenzo 265 (-18)

Philip Island, if it's dry Marquez, followed by Lorenzo, if the weather is iffy, Rossi.

(Stonking race! One of the best in recent years! How Marc pulled out over a second on the last lap I don't know. Seems like he was toying with them, even though he says he cooked the front tyre. Perhaps he'll now take over Casey's dominance at the Island? He was in with a shot of winning in 2013, crashed out with a huge lead in 2014, finally finished the race this year with an emphatic win. Lorenzo showed he's willing to fight, Por Fuera is back! But if there's anyone that deserves a medal, it's Iannone. Yes, that Duke is moer fast, but man he put some great passes in on everyone. Rossi struggled this weekend, Lorenzo caught a bit of points back, but winning alone still isn't enough and Sepang is next!)

Rossi 296

Lorenzo 285 (-11)

Sepang, one of the Hondas to win, Lorenzo probably ahead of Rossi, I'm not sure.

(So I was accurate in my calling of this race for a change. I'm not going to discuss #SepangClash until race direction has spoken up. Mad props to Dani Pedrosa again. The only one not involved with silly mindgames and just doing his job. Utterly dominant performance at the front!)

Edit: Rossi to start at the back of the grid in Valencia, Yamaha appealing the decision. I'm not sure if I'm happy with that, but it's fair.

Rossi 312

Lorenzo 305 (-7)

Valencia, if the points are tight when we get to the final round I'm putting my money on Jorge. Rossi has so many bad memories of this circuit and has never gone well here.

This is one of the best seasons we've had in a very very long time.

*All the above goes to crap if the weather turns sour.

Edited by bertusras

What a dice between Rossi & MM!

Pity it ended as it did....hopefully the title isn't decided by today's event.

I have a slightly different view on this. From the front camera angle, you can clearly see MM turn his front wheel and lean on VR. Rossi then pushed him off. 50/50 I hope but it has basically ended VR hopes of a championship. Wouldn't be surprised to see VR retire after all this. MM is a hazard and rides too dangerously. He is very talented but needs to grow up a bit.

So title is decided, well done Lorenzo and sorry Rossi but you broke the rules there. If Rossi did not want mm to pass him the whole time he should have been faster plain and simple. Rossi has met his match in race craft now, Marquez will always fight back no matter how many times he gets overtaken, nothing wrong with that.

I have a slightly different view on this. From the front camera angle, you can clearly see MM turn his front wheel and lean on VR. Rossi then pushed him off. 50/50 I hope but it has basically ended VR hopes of a championship. Wouldn't be surprised to see VR retire after all this. MM is a hazard and rides too dangerously. He is very talented but needs to grow up a bit.

So should mm just also sit up, take off his helmet and they could then talk it out next to the track? Rossi gave him nothing else to do, deliberaty trying to run him wide, and thus causing a crash, which is against the rules

I didnt see any dangerous passes from mm, they were all clean or acceptable

I do think that mm caused the fall himself though, there was no kick of anything like that

Edited by Kraggie

MM deliberately turned in on VR. The front camera angle clearly shows his wheel turning in. MM also nearly took out VR a few races ago and VR had to wheelie over the dirt to avoid crashing out. I am all for great rivalries, but MM is at the very least 50% to blame for that. Also a rider of that caliber doesn't just drop,a bike so easily.

MM deliberately turned in on VR. The front camera angle clearly shows his wheel turning in. MM also nearly took out VR a few races ago and VR had to wheelie over the dirt to avoid crashing out. I am all for great rivalries, but MM is at the very least 50% to blame for that. Also a rider of that caliber doesn't just drop,a bike so easily.

But what else should mm have done in that situ? Ive seen riders for years "leaning" on each other and nothing came of it. Its something that happens in racing.

I think the rulebook talks, no use in argueing who did what.

Agree with the move in assen, should have got penalty for it, but here, mm did nothing wrong in the rulebook, and rossi did. Rossi screwed the champ up for himself by running mm wide. Rossi childish "mind games" have finally bit him big

Edited by Kraggie

Congrats to dani rode a lorenzo like hammer of a race from the start, and managed it perfectly.

Edited by Kraggie

But what else should mm have done in that situ? Ive seen riders for years "leaning" on each other and nothing came of it.

Exactly..there in lies the rub. If Dorna did nothing after what Rossi said,they would of seem to be Rossi fans.

Then all the bitter anti- Rossi haters would be up in arms.

The saddest part is that JL was calling for Rossi to be disqualified from the race,why is not really up for the challenge?

Moto gp fans are the biggest losers in this. No more intrigue,and suspense .

What a colossal f up.

At the end of the day, Rossi spanked MM because he was acting like a spoilt brat.

Does Rossi need another championship, nope, he had proven to be the greatest rider of our generation. Will MM show the old dog a bit more respect going forward. I think so.

Let it be a lesson to MM. I have always said that if the kid learns some patience he has the protential to become the greatest ever.

At the end of the day, Rossi spanked MM because he was acting like a spoilt brat.

Does Rossi need another championship, nope, he had proven to be the greatest rider of our generation. Will MM show the old dog a bit more respect going forward. I think so.

Let it be a lesson to MM. I have always said that if the kid learns some patience he has the protential to become the greatest ever.

Agree spoilt brat indeed,not a top moto gp racer. He has the ability to be one of the greats,but will he ? He has shown his frailties already. So if any rider wants to get to him,slag him in a press conference and he won't go for the win,but rather try make a fool of you .

Or put pressure on him when he is already over the limit and he will push beyond and fall,like he has done this season.