MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A RACE!!!!

That track must be one of the best, if not THE best, tracks ever. Just impossible to have a boring race there.

RIP Solly the seagull though.

Iannone will be a force to be reckoned with next year with the new rules IMO.

Where are all the MM bashers today btw.......

Lorenzo was great today but.just not great enough. Rossi also gave it his best go. He looked buggered afterwards though, same at Motegi. Youngsters are giving him a hard time. Suzuki is also looking good.

Misano - Marquez - Rossi - Lorenzo - Lorenzo

Aragon - Lorenzo - Lorenzo - Marquez - Pedrosa

Motegi - Pedrosa - Lorenzo - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Philip Island - Marquez - Rossi - Lorenzo - Stoner

Sepang- Marquez - Pedrosa - Pedrosa

Valencia - Marquez - Lorenzo - Pedrosa

Misano is the real decider I think. Rossi has been doing a monumental amount of laps around that circuit on an R1M as of late, but Lorenzo is very strong there. That's going to be one hell of a battle, especially if one of the Hondas get involved. This is the one I can't call.

(At least I was right about it being the decider   :P Rossi however didn't capitalise fully, so Lorenzo will still smell blood. Excellent ride by Marc, but more-so Redding. Crashing and still finishing 3rd, get out!)

Rossi 247

Lorenzo 224 (-23)

Aragon I'm willing to go with Marc for the win, Lorenzo beating out Rossi.

(Utterly dominant performance from Lorenzo all weekend long. Marquez pushed all he could and overcooked it, again. Dani boy is the man of the hour, fought like a little terrier! Championship is still on! Off to the fly-aways now!)

Rossi 263

Lorenzo 249 (-14)

Motegi, Lorenzo beating the Hondas at home, again.

(Well once again the weather intervened! Jorge made the error in not slacking off, but Dani was absolutely sublime. Excellent riding, keeping his cool (and his tyres) picking off the leaders with ease. Momentum fully back in Rossi's favour again, it's looking ominous!)

Rossi 283

Lorenzo 265 (-18)

Philip Island, if it's dry Marquez, followed by Lorenzo, if the weather is iffy, Rossi.

(Stonking race! One of the best in recent years! How Marc pulled out over a second on the last lap I don't know. Seems like he was toying with them, even though he says he cooked the front tyre. Perhaps he'll now take over Casey's dominance at the Island? He was in with a shot of winning in 2013, crashed out with a huge lead in 2014, finally finished the race this year with an emphatic win. Lorenzo showed he's willing to fight, Por Fuera is back! But if there's anyone that deserves a medal, it's Iannone. Yes, that Duke is moer fast, but man he put some great passes in on everyone. Rossi struggled this weekend, Lorenzo caught a bit of points back, but winning alone still isn't enough and Sepang is next!)

Rossi 296

Lorenzo 285 (-11)

Sepang, one of the Hondas to win, Lorenzo probably ahead of Rossi, I'm not sure.

Valencia, if the points are tight when we get to the final round I'm putting my money on Jorge. Rossi has so many bad memories of this circuit and has never gone well here.

This is one of the best seasons we've had in a very very long time.

*All the above goes to crap if the weather turns sour.

As for the falling, Lorenzo fell off a minimoto bike over the weekend injuring his shoulder. Dani Pedrosa is (shockingly) the only healthy rider in the top 4 at the moment. Sneaky Motegi win perhaps? We'll see.

Called it!

That last lap from Marquez was just awesome. Very glad for Iannone, that bike is a rocketship. Where is Dovi?

Looked like Rossi thanked MM for winning as well haha

http://i.imgur.com/NNZ2SJX.jpg

Almost came off ... He seems to do that every now and then and save it with his elbow most times. Only the tank grips and his left foot keeping him on there

Edited by Kraggie

It was a great race.

I was just getting frustrated with MM and AI as Rossi was running a smooth pace and they would ALL have caught JL with pletty of laps to go. But they kept dicing each other costing time and JL kept getting let off the hook. Its this patience that MM will need to learn if he want to become a great rider.

DAMN that Ducati was fast, one lap he came from what looked like 30m back to pass both Rossi and MM before the brake marker on the main straight!

It was almost like AI was more worried about a 3rd than a possible 1st and his scrappy moves cost him... But I am happy for him to get a podium.

Getting interesting for the last 2!!!

http://i.imgur.com/NNZ2SJX.jpg

Not just falling off, back stepping out and laying rubber down... Always on the limit!! Often over it... :)

PVR'ed the race (was during One Tonner time yesterday) Will have to watch it tonite.

Title chase is on a knife's edge.

Go Valé!!!!

PVR'ed the race (was during One Tonner time yesterday) Will have to watch it tonite.

Title chase is on a knife's edge.

Go Valé!!!!

You haven't watched the race yet and you still came on here?  What's wrong with ya?!

I avoid this thread like the plague if I've not seen the race yet. 

All the races was good but Moto3 race was the best . Everybody thought the new champ would be crowned but with that big crash Ken will have to try again at next meeting . Brad also had an awesome race .

You haven't watched the race yet and you still came on here?  What's wrong with ya?!

I avoid this thread like the plague if I've not seen the race yet. 

If I record the racing, I go on a total social media blackout until I've watched...

On race days I'm pretty much unreachable. Phone on silent, no Whatsapp, no Facebook, no Insta, nothing... 

Nah, doesn't bother me. I still enjoy to watch the skills / bravery that these guys display.

But if Valé crashed out/DNF, then I would not watch it. :ph34r:  :whistling:

Did the same with SBK when Haga and the other guys with big cahoonies was riding (also before technology sanitized it). Now I do not even bother to watch SBK, but things might change next year with Yamaha being back in the fray.