MotoGP

SeaBee

If you are a fan of Road Racing want to watch something that is both inspiring and heart breaking watch ROAD. It's a movie about the 2 sets of Dunlop brothers. Joey and Robert. Michael and William.

Thanks will check it out, yeah those road racers are the maddest guys on this planet, certainly one of the most scary/insane/thrilling sport in the world.

The appeal to me is the down to earth guys doing this, as McGuiness says, he's just a bricky who happens to ride bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0

Everytime I watch this it makes me long for my cbr1000, but then I'm glad I sold it before I came off bigtime ...

Edited by Kraggie

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I watch this it makes me long for my cbr1000, but then I'm glad I sold it before I came off bigtime ...

I've got a CBR600. It's MENTAL. I've had it up to 11000 rpm once and i had to change my undies. I can't imagine wanting a 1000. My mate Deon has a red/white/blue blade with a few Legends stickers. Such a sick bike but way too much for me.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Thanks will check it out, yeah those road racers are the maddest guys on this planet, certainly one of the most scary/insane/thrilling sport in the world.

The appeal to me is the down to earth guys doing this, as McGuiness says, he's just a bricky who happens to ride bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0

Everytime I watch this it gives me goose bumps...awesomeness

So looks like there will be rain around for some of Saturday and most of Sunday afternoon.

We all know when it rains in Sepang, its in dumptruck loads!!!! So hopefully either fully wet or fully dry and none of that inbetween crap.

Looking forward to a strong race but this track lends itself to JL style of getting away in front and finding a rhythm. Rossi has had good success at Sepang but MM is pretty damn quick around there too.

Don't forget 2 long straights with that rocketship Duke. Gonna be a good race!!!

So looks like there will be rain around for some of Saturday and most of Sunday afternoon.

We all know when it rains in Sepang, its in dumptruck loads!!!! So hopefully either fully wet or fully dry and none of that inbetween crap.

Looking forward to a strong race but this track lends itself to JL style of getting away in front and finding a rhythm. Rossi has had good success at Sepang but MM is pretty damn quick around there too.

Don't forget 2 long straights with that rocketship Duke. Gonna be a good race!!!

Hopefully JL does not raise his hand again to try and stop the race when the others start catching him in the rain ... :ph34r:

Hopefully JL does not raise his hand again to try and stop the race when the others start catching him in the rain ... :ph34r:

His girlieness and his old lollie pops, two things MotoGP doesnt need.

Ducati's will lose their front ends if it rains, watch... :)

So I will admit to not being a Rossi fan, actually dislike him quite a lot. He is a very talented rider and that I will admit.

Adding to my dislike is his absolute dick move at the press conference today where he accused MM of helping JL to win the championship.

Some may call it mind games but I hope MM hands it to him on Sunday!!! After an amazing race like PI this was unnecessary.

What a douche!!!

From the press conference:

After watching the race back on TV, Rossi declared that Marquez had been “playing” with them and even labelled him as "Jorge's new supporter”.

The Doctor paused to smile between each sentence, but his words were clear:

“If we have another race like Phillip Island we have to speak with Marquez because during the race it was more difficult to understand, but after when I saw the race later it was very clear that he played with us very much," Rossi said.

“Because mainly I think that his target is not just to win the race, but also help Lorenzo to go far and try to take more points on me. So I think that from Phillip Island it is very clear that Jorge has a new supporter! That is Marc.

“So this changes a lot, because for sure Marc has the potential to go away alone [at the front] and maybe for sure can be another type of race.”

Asked if he felt Marquez had helped him, Lorenzo quipped: “Yeah, mainly on the last lap.”

Makes sense what he says....I said before MM and AI held them up with their dicing.

MM then puts in one FAAASST lap to win, why didnt he bridge the gap earlier. Both Spanish...... hmmm

Not saying what Rossi said was true, also you need to understand that he is often mischievous in his words... Being the most experienced and successful rider in the field gives you that advantage.

Dont let your dislike for him turn you sour, its not worth it. (Like Liverpool supporters that would rather see United lose than their own team win)

Rather support MM than cheer for another person to fail :)

Edited by Patchelicious

As David Emmett says, the Rossi-MM love affair is over ...

MM said if he wanted to help JL, he would not have passed him on the last lap.

So basically ITA vs SPN ...

Yeah so what... Lets see how everybody will lose their minds if Iannone t-bones JL :devil:

Come guys, this banter and team bs is what makes it fun... we all love a good race more than one person moaning about another.... MM must just pull a Rossi and go sweep Rossi's starting grid position in return, or wear a Rossi's Number 1 Fan shirt or something... :)

But if he was blocking Rossi, then he is a bigger douche for doing so, than Rossi is for saying so :ph34r:

Uh, no. If Rossi (or Lorenzo for that matter) doesn't want Marquez (or anyone else for that matter) influencing the championship between the two contenders, they need to be in front of them during the race. The rest of the grid shouldn't stop racing just because we've reached a critical point in the championship.

Why isn't Rossi saying "Ah ah eh Andrea! Why-a you not let me finish on de podium man, you know-a I-a must-a fight with Horge! We both like-a pizza and I-a even let you ride my old bike!" 

F-That!

Edit 2: Also, if Marc was trying to screw Rossi he should have stayed in 2nd and let Jorge take even more points.

Edited by bertusras

My question to that statement is, so what?

Couldnt agree more,they all only ride for one person ,themselves.

I am a big Rossi fan,but am not convinced he lap times alone will win him the championship. His guile,cunningness and shrewd ability to read the situation is what will hopefully win it for him in the end.

Rossi's comments are purely tactical. Mm might want to prove Rossi wrong at the next round (not that they all don't want to win anyway) if Rossi doesn't have the pace and can't beat JL ,then mm might go out of his way to hand them a hiding.

Edited by Pikey

Uh, no. If Rossi (or Lorenzo for that matter) doesn't want Marquez (or anyone else for that matter) influencing the championship between the two contenders, they need to be in front of them during the race. The rest of the grid shouldn't stop racing just because we've reached a critical point in the championship.

Dude I know... I know how racing works and love every bit of it.

But we are not discussing "racing" here, slowing yourself down to interfere with other peoples races is not racing is it? Iannone raced at his limits and very much interfered with the outcome, but did he do that to ruin Rossi's race? Probably not? Did MM, also probably not...

I am NOT saying that is what happened, its just what is being discussed here.

Edited by Patchelicious

So I will admit to not being a Rossi fan, actually dislike him quite a lot. He is a very talented rider and that I will admit.

Adding to my dislike is his absolute dick move at the press conference today where he accused MM of helping JL to win the championship.

Some may call it mind games but I hope MM hands it to him on Sunday!!! After an amazing race like PI this was unnecessary.

What a douche!!!

From the press conference:

After watching the race back on TV, Rossi declared that Marquez had been “playing” with them and even labelled him as "Jorge's new supporter”.

The Doctor paused to smile between each sentence, but his words were clear:

“If we have another race like Phillip Island we have to speak with Marquez because during the race it was more difficult to understand, but after when I saw the race later it was very clear that he played with us very much," Rossi said.

“Because mainly I think that his target is not just to win the race, but also help Lorenzo to go far and try to take more points on me. So I think that from Phillip Island it is very clear that Jorge has a new supporter! That is Marc.

“So this changes a lot, because for sure Marc has the potential to go away alone [at the front] and maybe for sure can be another type of race.”

Asked if he felt Marquez had helped him, Lorenzo quipped: “Yeah, mainly on the last lap.”

Game plan working... even getting under the supporters skin.

Game plan working... even getting under the supporters skin.

Classic Rossi...that why we love him!!

NB. Those TT guys are nuts, i dont think i could go that fast in my dreams, I would **** myself.