MotoGP

SeaBee

I'm just really amazed at the lack of confidence JL has in the wet. When did this start, do you want to tell me that you can win World Championships without being able to ride in the wet? He's had the weather on his side a lot then.

yuuup

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JL lost all confidence in the wet after his crash a couple of years back at Assen when he broke his collarbone .... Just hasn't been good in the wet since then .

And I think having another wet race at Assen just freaked him out .

He is certainly better than that ....

Although ... His result yesterday was way better than his team mate . ( Flame suit and running for cover )

JL lost all confidence in the wet after his crash a couple of years back at Assen when he broke his collarbone .... Just hasn't been good in the wet since then .

And I think having another wet race at Assen just freaked him out .

He is certainly better than that ....

Although ... His result yesterday was way better than his team mate . ( Flame suit and running for cover )

Granted he was lucky the 1st race was cancelled otherwise he might have been last. Saw a couple of riders go WTF when it was red flagged, DP was flying at that stage! Pity, but ja things turn out strange sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

How much are we going to read into this?

Such was his pace in Misano last week, sections of the Italian press stated Stoner had lapped within a tenth of a second of Jorge Lorenzo's outright lap record. Ducati insists these reports were pure fabrication, but nonetheless indicated that Stoner's times were impressive. 

If you follow Stoner you will se he still trains pretty hatd, rides plenty of Enduro motorbikes. People doubt his pace but remember the big speculation around his leaving Honda revolved around the fact that he was actually quicker than the factory riders on the unrideable 2014 RCV. But again, always unconfirmed reports.......

He was tge only one who could tame the beast so why doubt that he can still do it?? 2009 after 3 montgs off ill he won straight away at Phillip Island. He is quite possibly the most naturally talented rider who can ride a bike regardless of the problems it may have, this is confirmed by many current and past riders.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

If you follow Stoner you will se he still trains pretty hatd, rides plenty of Enduro motorbikes. People doubt his pace but remember the big speculation around his leaving Honda revolved around the fact that he was actually quicker than the factory riders on the unrideable 2014 RCV. But again, always unconfirmed reports.......

He was tge only one who could tame the beast so why doubt that he can still do it?? 2009 after 3 montgs off ill he won straight away at Phillip Island. He is quite possibly the most naturally talented rider who can ride a bike regardless of the problems it may have, this is confirmed by many current and past riders.

And he said to Rossi "Your ambition outweighed your talent".

Very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Masterstroke by Honda... yam must have been pulling their hair put at Rossi staying out...

With MM having a points lead, they could take a bit of a gamble, and sometimes they pay off big time. This was one of those times. His gravel riding skills is also not too bad motoring through the gravel and not binning it.

Rossi should have come in the first time the "Box" sign went up. 

MM made a perfect judgement call, VR did not, and it cost him dearly.

Not the first time that VR46 and Yamaha have made this mistake .

His team were certainly ready for him long before he felt hE was ready ....

Another decisive decision by MM .... gonna be hard to beat him now .

Looks to me like JL has thrown in the towel ....

Okes, this is important

1. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 23.764s
2. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 1m 24.347s
3. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 24.461s
4. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Test Rider (Desmosedici GP) 1m 24.502s
5. Maverick Vinales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 24.595s
6. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 24.649s
7. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 24.751s
8. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 24.992s
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 25.054s
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 25.099s* 
11. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 25.171s
12. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 25.175s
13. Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 25.345s
14. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 25.438s
15. Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 25.994s
16. Mika Kallio FIN KTM MotoGP Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 26.056s
17. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 26.195s
18. Thomas Luthi SWI KTM MotoGP Factory Racing (RC16) 1m 26.405s

First time KTM have shared the track and times have been released. I think that they can be pretty happy with their progress.

Edit: I didn't even notice P4 as I was just worried about the KTM's. COME BACK ALREADY DAMN IT!

Edited by bertusras

There is persistent paddock gossip that Stoner is using this test to gauge his competitiveness, with a view to racing as a wildcard at the Austrian Grand Prix.

I'm already moist