MotoGP

SeaBee

Everyone give me a HELL YEAH!!!! No more wings on MotoGP Bikes!!!!

Actually

http://i.imgur.com/Hmzv2R6.jpg

Only from the first race of 2017.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will take the wings off later, they want to compare GP16 and GP17 like for like, then take off the wings. Apparently it's already come off for the afternoon session.

Edit: What's frustrating is that JL isn't allowed to say squat about the Ducati until 1 January 2017  :thumbdown:

Edited by bertusras

Actually

http://i.imgur.com/Hmzv2R6.jpg

Only from the first race of 2017.

FML, don't remind me, was like The Bokke on Saturday, VERY disappointing. 

So no more speculating on whether Lorenzo will gel with the Ducati I reckon.

Straight on the pace!!

Everything else as expected I would say

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

FML, don't remind me, was like The Bokke on Saturday, VERY disappointing. 

Hah, even more bad news for you mate:

MotoGP™ Class Aerodynamic Evolution

At  the  last  meeting  of the  GPC  in  Motegi  a  limit  on  the  number  of  upgrades  that  a  manufacturer  can make to the design of their fairing or front mudguard during the season was imposed. It has now been agreed that Manufacturers in their first season of participation are not subject to this restriction and can make unlimited changes subject, of course, to designs complying with regulations.

I guess Red Bull does give you KTM wings.

Actually, re-reading that makes me think wings are still banned (I don't know), but they can make unlimited changes to their fairing design, whereas other manufacturers are limited by how many changes they can make over the season.

Pretty sure Ducati needs those wings to prevent it from taking off

#afterburners

Hah, even more bad news for you mate:

I guess Red Bull does give you KTM wings.

Actually, re-reading that makes me think wings are still banned (I don't know), but they can make unlimited changes to their fairing design, whereas other manufacturers are limited by how many changes they can make over the season.

Pretty sure Ducati needs those wings to prevent it from taking off

#afterburners

Regulations ban wings from next year, so limited to design changes that would not incorporate winglets. But infinite design changes within that restriction. 

Regulations ban wings from next year, so limited to design changes that would not incorporate winglets. But infinite design changes within that restriction.

Watch for the double skinned fairing panels with "wings" between the layers........

I'm sure JL could just drape his bottom lip over the front of the Ducati fairing to stop the wheelies.

Rumour has it Rossi has contacted Donald Trump, journalists only overheard the phrase "costruire un muro" after testing finished at Valencia...

Got to love Dave Emmett's writing:

All eyes were naturally on Jorge Lorenzo on Tuesday. How would the Spaniard fare once he left the safe confines of Yamaha? Comparisons with Valentino Rossi abounded.

The Italian had made the same journey at the end of 2010, and had finished the test in fifteenth, just under 1.7 seconds off the fastest time of the man he was replacing at Ducati, Casey Stoner. Jorge Lorenzo ended the day as third, 0.172 seconds slower than the man who had replaced him at Yamaha, Maverick Viñales.

The parallels with Rossi were obvious, but ultimately unfounded. The cruelest comparison was made by Chicho Lorenzo, the father of the five-time world champion.

When veteran commentator Dennis Noyes compared Lorenzo’s time to Rossi’s first outing on the bike, Noyes pointed out that the GP11 and the GP16 which Lorenzo was riding were not the same bike. “Obviously they are not the same bike,” Chicho tweeted. “That [stoner’s] bike had won 25 GPs. This bike has only won 2.”

Watch for the double skinned fairing panels with "wings" between the layers........

Haha, sounds like late 70's early 80's in F1! Aaah, those were the days... (Yes-yes, I know those worked way differently and no internal wings...)

Oh no Brad. 

Moto2 Testing Takes Heavy Toll: Binder Breaks Arm, Navarro Dislocates Shoulder

Submitted by David Emmett on 

Mon, 2016-11-21 23:27

The Moto2 test at Valencia has taken a heavy toll on some of its participants. The rookies Brad Binder and Jorge Navarro both picked up serious injuries at the test, putting an end to their preseason testing for the winter. 

Binder was the most seriously injured. The reigning Moto3 champion highsided his KTM Moto2 bike at Turn 11, the bike apparently landing on his right arm and fracturing the radius, as well as damaging bones in his wrist. The South African was taken to the Dexeus Institut in Barcelona where he was examined and had a pin inserted in the broken bone. 

Navarro was marginally luckier than Binder. The Spaniard, riding for the Gresini Moto2 team, dislocated his shoulder while braking for Turn 8, and ran off into the gravel. The dislocation was severe enough for Navarro to abandon the test altogether, deciding to skip the second day of the test scheduled for Tuesday.

Navarro's dislocated shoulder is a recurrence of a persistent problem. The Spaniard has therefore elected to have surgery in the hope of providing a long term solution to the problem.

There is a silver lining to the black cloud which hovers over Navarro and Binder. They both picked up their injuries right shortly before the start of the winter testing ban. They will have a little over two months to recover from their injuries before testing starts again. They will have missed very little testing in the intervening period.